LASAR Visors

Raptor05121

On 7/18/2017 at 11:41 PM, HRM said:

Fantastic visors. I think I paid $100 (not from LASAR):

visors.jpg.41ca64121364a1eac610cc3919f6a438.jpg

do those articulate around to the side windows?  Flying north and south, I found that the hot sun on me and my ipad are the biggest issues...  My current visors are ok for forward shading.

5 hours ago, Browncbr1 said:

do those articulate around to the side windows?  Flying north and south, I found that the hot sun on me and my ipad are the biggest issues...  My current visors are ok for forward shading.

Yes, the LASAR visors articulate to the sides.

Hey everyone,

Dan in parts keeps a running list of people who are interested in visors. When the list is large enough to justify production, we can have them made. If your name is not on Dan's list, give him a call at (800) 954-5619. Would love to see a new batch made!

• Like 4

On 7/19/2017 at 8:53 AM, steingar said:

I'd get another set of Rosens, had them on both my other aircraft.  But gee, they don't make visors for Mooneys!  What a drag.  I'd love see this as well.  Being able to see out the window is a pretty big deal.

i have them in mine

12 hours ago, Browncbr1 said:

Echoing what Don said, yes. In fact, they articulate all over because they have a double-ball hinge.

I personally like the clips, just handy to have and if the sun is so intense that it is burning through the shade you can clip a a sheet of paper in there to block it out.

WiserVisors.jpg.6ebf60566702097179b15b5b5c901daa.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HRM said:

Echoing what Don said, yes. In fact, they articulate all over because they have a double-ball hinge.

I personally like the clips, just handy to have and if the sun is so intense that it is burning through the shade you can clip a a sheet of paper in there to block it out.

WiserVisors.jpg.6ebf60566702097179b15b5b5c901daa.jpg

For our many friends who have gone paperless in their airplanes (despite the fact that "paperless" offices now use more paper than ever), will the clips hold their iPad in such a fashion as to block the sun while leaving the screen visible?  B)

9 hours ago, Hank said:

For our many friends who have gone paperless in their airplanes (despite the fact that "paperless" offices now use more paper than ever), will the clips hold their iPad in such a fashion as to block the sun while leaving the screen visible?  B)

Perfect spot to clip an iPhone plus to view weather.  

On 7/19/2017 at 8:18 AM, rbridges said:

The reason I was asking about the Rosen is IIRC, the older model mooneys can't have them installed.  I think it's 65 and older models.  Something to do with an attachment point not being present in those models.  I didn't know if it applied to the lasar visors.

I just installed a pair of LASAR visor that my wife found on eBay. The kit came with a bracket, hardware, and instructions to install the visors in older models without attachment points. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hank said:

...will the clips hold their iPad in such a fashion as to block the sun while leaving the screen visible?

No way they would hold an iPad, but thanks to all the guys who said that it holds an iPhone--brilliant! I never thought of that.

BTW, I am so old school that I print a kneeboard sheet of the airport directory for all the ports I plan to visit. Clips perfect for it and instant access ;-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HRM said:

No way they would hold an iPad, but thanks to all the guys who said that it holds an iPhone--brilliant! I never thought of that.

BTW, I am so old school that I print a kneeboard sheet of the airport directory for all the ports I plan to visit. Clips perfect for it and instant access ;-)

Ah but is it geo-synchronized? :)

-Robert

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LASAR said:

Hey everyone,

Dan in parts keeps a running list of people who are interested in visors. When the list is large enough to justify production, we can have them made. If your name is not on Dan's list, give him a call at (800) 954-5619. Would love to see a new batch made!

I put my name on the list ~5 years ago.  Wonder if it's still there...

On 7/21/2017 at 4:19 PM, LASAR said:

sounds like Dan got a few more orders on his list for visors! Thats great! Hopefully we will have enough to go to production soon on those.

Do you have any pics of a '65 install?  I'd be interested if they fit well and are functional.