LASAR Visors

Raptor05121

26 minutes ago, Brandontwalker said:

After fighting with my factory visors, I may be game too. What do the Lasar visors look like? What was the cost?

Fantastic visors. I think I paid $100 (not from LASAR):

visors.jpg.41ca64121364a1eac610cc3919f6a438.jpg

9 hours ago, Joe Larussa said:

Do tell! Where did you get those babies?

If memory serves, from a guy here or on the MAPAlist. He had bought them and hadn't installed them before selling his Mooney.

They are LASAR "Wiser Visors", $350 here. They have made them bigger since I got mine. Frankly, they are so superior to the originals that I'd resist my CB instincts and buy them.

Forget the Rosens...way overpriced and no better than the LASARs. In fact, I think the LASARs articulate better, very easy to put them exactly where you want them.

• Like 1

The reason I was asking about the Rosen is IIRC, the older model mooneys can't have them installed.  I think it's 65 and older models.  Something to do with an attachment point not being present in those models.  I didn't know if it applied to the lasar visors.

2 minutes ago, rbridges said:

The reason I was asking about the Rosen is IIRC, the older model mooneys can't have them installed.  I think it's 65 and older models.  Something to do with an attachment point not being present in those models.  I didn't know if it applied to the lasar visors.

The 65's don't have the outboard mount, I have seen Rosens mounted to the center bar (better than nothing)

57 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

The 65's don't have the outboard mount, I have seen Rosens mounted to the center bar (better than nothing)

I always seem to have a headwind, and I always feel like I'm flying toward the sun. :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Piloto said:

I just put on my baseball cap when heading into the sun. It works very well. An got it for free at Sun n' Fun. Even my wife wear them.

José

I wear a ball cap at all times in the aircraft (despite the fact that I deplore ball caps).  But flying into the sun is murder on this blue-eyed northerner.  Good visors really help.  And like I said, not to many things are more important in an airplane than being able to see.

By the way, your woman looks really happy in that photo.  NOT

I find flying blindfolded really eliminates sun glare.

fb641fba49b6bba6594425f572e3b56a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is feeling those large lady's blindfolded better or worse??? They say when you lose one sense the others are heightened. And I don't think that would be a good thing....:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rbridges said:

The LASARs have a SS pipe clamp that attaches to the cage bar on each side. I think they will fit any Mooney.