Oshkosh Packing List

I haven't been to EAA Airventure Oshkosh since 2009.

I have never camped with my aircraft at Oshkosh. 

In 2009 I camped in a trailer with friends.

I'm camping this year with a group that has a lot of equipment they leave at Oshkosh in a storage shed and climate controlled facility nearby.  They will take care of dinners, a charging station for the group to use, and a lot of other equipment.  Technically it won't be with my aircraft, but my plane won't be too far away (either at Bassler or in GAP).  Same with my normal crash bag and survival gear normally kept in the Mooney.

I will only be there for two nights - Wednesday and Thursday - (maybe three depending) only if meetings end early Tuesday and I'm up for the FISK Arrival at that point - I plan to arrive RIPON at 7AM on Wednesday morning.  I will have two bags - my business bag with business clothes that will stay in the airplane (no need for a suit at Oshkosh) and my Oshkosh bag and supplies that will come out of the airplane.

What should I make sure to bring?

I've created a list below, but give me what you really feel I should bring if you don't want to read, and what I've missed if you do!

-Tent:  Recently resealed - keeps water out, fly, tarp, stakes, rubber mallet, inflatable mattress, blankets/sleeping bag, pillows

-Aircraft tie downs (even though I secured a night of parking at Bassler in case the field is full like Wednesday last year).

-Folding chair with straps

-Flashlights galore, LED lantern, even a head wearing flashlight

-Snacks - applesauce pods and granola bars - they'll have food for dinner and breakfast, as well as foods on and off the grounds.  Again, only there two days.  Will also have some water with me but I know water is available on the ground for refills.

-Shower Power:  Two towels (oldest - may leave or dispose of afterward), shower shoes, shower bucket shampoo, conditioner, soap, deoderant,  - I'll have full toiletries in the business bag but don't plan to shave my face during those two days.

-Meds:  Extra asthma meds, allergy meds, ouch meds (ibprofen), basic first aid stuff

-Cash

-Pocket knife / multi tool - probably two of each

-Matches

-Hat Sunscreen Sunglasses

-Backpack

-Battery power supply for Iphone/Ipads - 3 units total (1 5-7 charge device, two 2-3 charge devices)

-Shoes - sneakers, hiking boots (for wet grass), shower shoes - will bring second pair of sneakers for wet days

-Poncho / umbrella / rain gear - it will be wet

-MANY socks

-Many batteries

-Not that many shirts - Probably my red MOONEY AMBASSADORS - shirt  - I figure I'll buy a couple shirts there. 

-One fleece, Jeans, shorts, underwear, undershirts, light jacket, vest with lots of pockets.

Thanks!

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 1

Bug repellant, flip flops for shower, possibly ear plugs, cooler+ beer.

You might consider a day pack with a hydration bladder. I use one to carry my camera, snacks, swag I pick up, rain gear, folding stool for instant seating, etc.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bug spray, sunscreen, and comfy walking shoes...

fancy beach chair with shoulder straps to carry...

Check book, credit card, and a wad of bills...  

Come home with a plane load of new stuff!

Get some really cool aviation clothes for the kids.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 201er said:

Wow, you're really overplanning! I just grab a tent, bedding, change of clothes, and a parrot and I can be down there in 5 hours.

There is a fine line between preparation and paranoia.  I live on that line!

-Seth

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Bug spray, sunscreen, and comfy walking shoes...

fancy beach chair with shoulder straps to carry...

Check book, credit card, and a wad of bills...  

Come home with a plane load of new stuff!

Get some really cool aviation clothes for the kids.

Best regards,

-a-

I was planning on getting a few things for my wife and kids!    Great point!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf said:

@Seth, come by the Mooney Caravan Tent at OSH, I'll fly my missile up, we can compare notes.

I will indeed stop by!!!!

Also, I know of someone who may be purchasing a 252, Ovation, Missile, or Rocket soon, so  . . . 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 6:11 PM, 201er said:

Wow, you're really overplanning! I just grab a tent, bedding, change of clothes, and a parrot and I can be down there in 5 hours.

Mike:  

Aren't you sort of married now?  She may need more notice and perhaps a bit more stuff.....

Just sayin'.....:huh: