2007 Mooney Acclaim, TKS FIKI, WAAS, GFC-700

Low time, beautiful Mooney Acclaim. Only 655 hours, always hangared, TKS Flight into Known Icing, GFC700, WAAS equipped, ready for ADS-B upgrade. Gear up in 2011, repairs performed by Mooney and Dugosh, imperceptible even to maintenance shops. I have enjoyed this marvelous all weather IFR aircraft for 5 years, 300 hours, spared no expense and have had all service done by Mooney Service Centers.

S/N: 31-0028;  N16TN; 655 TT; Garmin G1000, Annual Inspection May 2017 at Arapahoe Aero (Mooney Service Center)

Airframe 655 Hours SNEW 

Engine 655 SNEW (305 since teardown) TSIO550G(3)B S/N 915025

Hartzell Scimitar prop 305 hours SNEW

GFC700 Autopilot with Flight Director, Large Oxygen System (115.7 c.f.), Mode S

Traffic Avoidance System, GDL69A Data Link Weather Receiver and Audio Infotainment Receiver

Color: Snow White on Black Velvet with Las Vegas Gold accents and stripes

Empty Weight: 2468 Gross Weight: 3368

Also included: Robotug ($1,600 new), Tan sheepskin covers (front seats, not shown in photo), Battery Minder, (2) Oxymizer cannulas, oxygen mask

See ad on controller.com.

Price: $357,000

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Edited by Showmethemooney
  • Like 2

Just now, smccray said:

Title says WAAS but doesn't look like it has VNAV (assuming it's a recent panel pic).

Thats what had me also and why the question. I havent seen a waas g1000/gfc700 w.o. the Vnav function, but perhaps it exists. This was an upgrade from the STEC AP.

• Like 1

It's my understanding that some of the G1000 upgrades were done in multiple options, some of which added WAAS but didn't include the vnav.  "Option 3" is the full upgrade which i've seen advertised- I'm not exactly clear what the difference is between option 1 and option 2.  I haven't seen a plane with a WAAS upgrade with anything other than the full upgrade, but I understand it's out there.  Not sure if Mooney ever offered multiple options, or if like the Columbia 400, the WAAS upgrade was only offered in the full WAAS with VNAV upgrade.

I hope we'll find out!

To answer your question, N16TN does NOT have coupled VNAV during approaches. It does do enroute VNAV.

I attached the Mooney service bulletin that details the 3 options for WAAS upgrade. I upgraded my aircraft in 2013 with Option 2. At the time, Option 2 was $25,000 and Option 3 which included coupled VNAV during approach was $34,000 (pretty sure its more now). I decided on Option 2 that supports all the WAAS approaches (LPV, LNAV/VNAV), as well as enroute VNAV descent but not coupled VNAV during the approach.

When I fly an approach in N16TN, the altitude for the next leg of the approach gets automatically loaded for me, but the aircraft does not automatically begin the descent on the next leg; I have to initiate the descent the old fashioned way. It does of course capture the MDA once it reaches it but I have to choose the descent rate whereas the coupled VNAV Option sets a descent rate for you. If only it would manage your airspeed/power for you :) 

My take on Option 3 was that it was a nice-to-have. Admittedly, there are airports where the approaches have a number of legs in which the coupled VNAV would reduce the workload. I used to fly into Driggs Idaho (KDIJ) that has an approach with 4 legs and a couple bearing changes so it might have been nice there, but for most of the approaches I fly I would not get to use it.

M20_305B.pdf

• Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 11:36 AM, Showmethemooney said:

, but for most of the approaches I fly I would not get to use it.

M20_305B.pdf

I agree with this. It is a $9,000 (i.e. real money) option that would be used very little, if ever. There are some out there that make a big deal out of it when marketing planes and it may affect the sale-ability of some planes without it, but from a practical standpoint, it is throwing good money down the drain.

• Like 1