Door lock needed

The tumblers in my 64 C's door lock are worn out and have quit working with any of the keys I have.  Does anyone have a source for a new one or have replaced theirs before.

thanks,

Don

Edited by dcrogers11

i work for property maint company and i used a standard mail box lock. Works great , the key won't come out when the lock/door is  open, which is good because you won't forget to lock the door. I also put one on the baggage door.

3 minutes ago, flyhigh603 said:

i work for property maint company and i used a standard mail box lock. Works great , the key won't come out when the lock/door is  open, which is good because you won't forget to lock the door. I also put one on the baggage door.

Thanks, Where did you pick it up at.  Guessing maybe Bigbox store?

48 minutes ago, cctsurf said:

I'm curious on this, how do you lock it (get the key out) when you shut the door to take off?

I have the same question, just got back from the store with the mailbox lock and you can't pull the key out when the door is unlocked.  If you position it the other way, then you can get the key out if it is locked.  I need to be able to pull the key out when it is unlocked (as it would be during flight), so this won't work.  It was only $4.00 so not a loss, but will have to look at another option.  

59 minutes ago, dcrogers11 said:

I have the same question, just got back from the store with the mailbox lock and you can't pull the key out when the door is unlocked.  If you position it the other way, then you can get the key out if it is locked.  I need to be able to pull the key out when it is unlocked (as it would be during flight), so this won't work.  It was only $4.00 so not a loss, but will have to look at another option.

I would look at cabinet locks or similar.  You should be able to get them at the same place you got your mailbox lock.  They allow you to remove keys at either position.  As to Medeco, yes, they seem to be great, but you will pay just as much for them as you will pay from aircraft spruce for a certified replacement.

You have to position the lock tail to lock when the key is out. The lock holds the key when lock is unlocked per say. Also you have to make sure the tail is removable , some real cheap ones have the tail stamped on so they can't be removed. Also you can't get the lock barrel thru the lock opening unless you remove the tail .