SOLD. >1999 Screaming Eagle $165,000

co2bruce

$165,000

Complete logs (all AD complied with)

TTSNEW 1404 (Hobbs replaced at 1190 due to Moritz malfunction shorting out Hobbs) Had to be rewired to master switch. 1404 is probably higher than actual.

TT Prop 174  3 Blade installed with 310 hp STC includes GW increase to 3386

310 Screaming Eagle Conversion STC

Useful Load 1142

Paint Original (October 2017 slot at Hawk Painting Tampa if wanted)

Interior done 2013 Aero Comfort /  (Gray carpet w/ Slate blue all leather seats)

Avionics

Aspen Pro 1000 w/ synthetic vision

S Tec 30 autopilot w / alt hold and GPSS

EDM 830 Engine monitor

PS Engineering PMA 7000B Audio Panel

Garmin GTN 650 Waas GPS  Com 1 / Nav 1

BK  KTX 155A  Com 2 / Nav 2

Garmin 330 ES transponder (ads-out)

Garmin Gdl 39 3D (ads-b in on 796, and IPad)

Garmin 796 GPS panel mounted in air gizmo

Speed brakes

Airtex 406 ELT

All avionics work done by Sarasota Avionics

Maintained at Mooney Service Center. About $30k spent in Avionics upgrades and Screaming Eagle conversion. New gear pucks, gear actuator spring changed at 1100 hours, new airspeed switch, LED landing lights, speed brakes rebuilt by Precise in 2012, recent rebuilt fuel pump,Oil changed every 25 hours.

IMG_0297.JPG

85D065F5-CA2E-4E6B-B88C-84985D7CEED9.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

• Like 3

Looking for A/C and a little more room for the wifey. Looked at Mirage (ouch), Matrix (really not the right plane for our mission), and now looking at Bonanzas. Funny thing is the Mooney caries 100-150 lbs less at more speed and faster for half the price. Not sure what I'm going to do. 

4 hours ago, co2bruce said:

Hector at Aero Comfort San Antonio. We sent them to him and shipped them back looking like this!

I just did the same thing with my seats a few weeks ago. Aero Comfort is amazing. My new seats must be a little heavier but there was no weight and balance change.

2 hours ago, co2bruce said:

Looking for A/C and a little more room for the wifey. Looked at Mirage (ouch), Matrix (really not the right plane for our mission), and now looking at Bonanzas. Funny thing is the Mooney caries 100-150 lbs less at more speed and faster for half the price. Not sure what I'm going to do. 

Simple. Don't show the wife the Bonanza. He he. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Celebrating the first signs of Fantom returning to Mooney ownership...! :)

A Screamin' Eagle can light your fire!

Best regards,

-a-

He wants me to babysit it for him until he is ready.

20 hours ago, co2bruce said:

Assuming your not needing to take more passengers. Just install A/C, it make it so much more comfortable! The 30K for installation will be less than a transition cost of another plane. The Bonanza is not going to give the wife any more room unless she sits in the back. If she's willing to sit in the back than just pull out the co-pilot seat in the Mooney, on the Mooney website they used to have it shown as the executive seating. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

Assuming your not needing to take more passengers. Just install A/C, it make it so much more comfortable! The 30K for installation will be less than a transition cost of another plane. The Bonanza is not going to give the wife any more room unless she sits in the back. If she's willing to sit in the back than just pull out the co-pilot seat in the Mooney, on the Mooney website they used to have it shown as the executive seating. 

I flew a Bo for a while between an F and R model Mooney. I found the Bo an excellent plane and very easy to load with the rear doors. It was easier to fly and more stable as well. The useful load was about 200lbs more than the R and 100 more than the F. But the extra fuel penalty took about 120lbs of that  (18gph compared to 13) on a 4-5 hour flight. I found the Bo to be extremely limited in range and payload. But more comfortable to fly and easier to move around the cabin. Especially after I took out the 2 extra seats because I couldn't load them with butts (due to weight). If I went back to a Bo, I would make sure it had the tip tanks, which increase payload and fuel quantity. 

+1 on the A/C. I have it on my R now and can't imagine flying without it anymore, especially in the SE. 

11 minutes ago, PMcClure said:

I flew a Bo for a while between an F and R model Mooney. I found the Bo an excellent plane and very easy to load with the rear doors. It was easier to fly and more stable as well. The useful load was about 200lbs more than the R and 100 more than the F. But the extra fuel penalty took about 120lbs of that  (18gph compared to 13) on a 4-5 hour flight. I found the Bo to be extremely limited in range and payload. But more comfortable to fly and easier to move around the cabin. Especially after I took out the 2 extra seats because I couldn't load them with butts (due to weight). If I went back to a Bo, I would make sure it had the tip tanks, which increase payload and fuel quantity. 

+1 on the A/C. I have it on my R now and can't imagine flying without it anymore, especially in the SE. 

I like the way the Bo handles as well but for me it's not an option. Being 6'4" and having the seat on top of the spar it puts my head into the ceiling. My kids are growing fast enough that I'm keeping my eyes open for the next plane. As you mentioned the fuel penalty is the killer in a Bo. My kids will be physically big to so between family physical size and fuel the Bo will not be the option. I think my next plane will have to be one of the not so sexy 210's.