Pathfinder P2A autopilot - does it work without vacuum pressure?

On 1/2/2019 at 6:18 AM, Michel02 said:

last  question,   where are those servo  so many door  thank    Michel

The servo are usually near the battery in the aft fuselage.  Access through the battery door behind the wing.  It is normally a one servo system (the rudder and ailerons are slaved together with springs in early 1970's Mooney's) that approximates two axis.

• 3 months later...

@kerry - finally talked to an avionics guy about adjusting the A/P from the controller. He says it would be tough to do without an extension of sorts for the voltmeter to plug into the controller. Any thoughts/how to get one or who could help answer these questions? Have you ever had your controller inputs adjusted? Michael Ritterbush hasn't gotten back to me, but I'll try emailing him one more time.

Be persistent in contacting Michael Ritterbush.  Sometimes it take a half dozen times before he responds.  I've made adjustment while flying.  e.g- Rate of turn and heading.  It would probably be easier if someone had the controls while another person is making the adjustments.  I've done adjustments by myself while flying.  

• 1 year later...

I have a Pathfinder to a in my Cessna 182. I put in a Avedyn 540 and had Michael rework the Turn Coordinator. I had Affordable Avionics in Chino put in the Avedyn 540. The auto pilot does not work. When I put it on the heading it slams to one side. Does anyone know somebody that does work on these?

On 4/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, Big Dog said:

I have a Pathfinder to a in my Cessna 182. I put in a Avedyn 540 and had Michael rework the Turn Coordinator. I had Affordable Avionics in Chino put in the Avedyn 540. The auto pilot does not work. When I put it on the heading it slams to one side. Does anyone know somebody that does work on these?

I would start here: https://webairconsulting.com/

Yes, the DG is operated by vacuum but the DG heading bug output to the autopilot controller is electric.  In a prior post someone mentioned when they engage the AP it banks hard to one side.  I would think this is an electrical issue.  Either a bad electric  plug connection or a problem with the TC.  With my P2A I've had to clean the plug terminals at the back of the AP controller on more than one occasion to get my AP to work correctly.

1 hour ago, kerry said:

Yes, the DG is operated by vacuum but the DG heading bug output to the autopilot controller is electric.  In a prior post someone mentioned when they engage the AP it banks hard to one side.  I would think this is an electrical issue.  Either a bad electric  plug connection or a problem with the TC.  With my P2A I've had to clean the plug terminals at the back of the AP controller on more than one occasion to get my AP to work correctly.

I had  similar Problem. In my case 1 Servo was not working + somewhere was kabel defekt.

lg,m 

8 minutes ago, wcb said:

I removed mine... if anyone is looking for spare parts (send me a picture of what you are looking for and I will see what i have).  I have no idea what works and doesn't work with it.

Do you have any of the Pathfinder parts for pitch function?

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am looking for Amplifier Servo for my Pathfinder P2A autopilot.

There is short circuit in my Servo (the fuse pops up after connection). Contacted my electronics shop, they can´t fix it.

After last reparation my Pathfinder P2A autopilot worked for my cca 150 hours.

Eventual don´t you have idea what could be wrong and how to repair it?

Thanks for any help

lg,

milos

AS1.jpg

AS2.jpg

• 1 month later...