Looking for Mooney in Southern CA

maxryden

Hello,

I'm brand new to this forum.  I used to fly an m20j out of Brackett Field in La Verne, but the company folded.  Does anybody know a place that has a Mooney m20j (or newer) for rent in SoCal?  I need to do recurrency, IFR recurrency, etc.  Thank you!

Max

Thanks!  I looked it up and they still have it!  They are hard to find.  Many student pilots are afraid of the aircraft because of the way the controls work (pushrod vs. cables), and they make their first turn and say "Oh Shit" and never fly it again!  Thank God for them, because it makes it available for people like us!

Sincerely,

Max Ryden

Pinnacle at CRQ still has 201DD, and it doesn't fly a whole lot. I taxi past it every time I fly. I think mainly it doesn't fly much because they won't let anyone take it without an instructor and they pretty much only use it for complex endorsements and CPL training as far as I can tell. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, N803RM said:

Chino had a c a few years ago.

If it's the one at DuBois it is a 1961 M20B. I did my PPL with them but never flew their Mooney. They did keep their Cherokee's in good condition so I assume the same applies to the Mooney. They have it listed as $148/hr wet rate. 

http://www.duboisaviation.com/id30.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maxryden said:

yes I checked their website and that's affirmative is and M20 Juliet

If you're talking about N74770 it is a 1961M20B, not a J. I know there's someone here that flew it recently but I can't remember who. 

• 2 weeks later...