Break out the champagne

bonal

So it's been four very difficult and expensive annuals and finally on number five we made it through with only a couple of minor issues. We replaced the vernatherm looking to correct my high oil temps. The old one came out looking quite worn. The test flight to 6500 on a 90 plus degree day leveled out at 204 degrees and dropped to 195 after level cruise. Prior was getting 220 and even hit 230 on one flight to only 4000 feet. Having Robert back at LASAR was like getting a fresh set of eyes on Snoopy since he had never seen it or my logs so he really gave it a close and thorough inspection. Won't know for sure how the oil temps end up until we have made a couple of flights to prove consistently that the temp is down. Three days and one morning to complete. And as for owner assistance the first question I was asked was are you going to help us because they were short one mech and they were happy I said I was going to help. I know all the jokes about owner assist making it more work but they know and trust my skill levels which allowed them to continue working on other planes in the shop.

its been a challenge getting Snoopy back in shape but I think we're getting things all sorted out. No illusions about this being the case every time it's still a 53 year old airplane and will continue to need lots of attention of the coming years.

• Like 10

Oh. I thought from the title you were going to announce that Trump and the US govt announced the end of ATC privatization or user fee talks, repealed basicmed in favor of sport pilot standards for all light airplanes, eliminated VIP TFRs, approved use of non certified avionics, and threw in ten billion into GA support.

• Like 2

Got my coupon yesterday and gave it to Robert but don't know how the bottom line will look until tomorrow. We both had a laugh about it we'll see.

Lol, I would have waited to give it to him after he totaled up the bill. But that's just the trusting kind of person i an:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2