First repairs needed

ARGGHHHH, figured I would go out today get some touch and goes in, maybe do some night landings but 

it seems the airplane gods are out to get me.  

The shiny new stratus appareo transponder up and died, I suspected that thing was junk.

what to do now?  9th day of ownership and already needs repairs sigh

12 hours ago, McMooney said:

ARGGHHHH, figured I would go out today get some touch and goes in, maybe do some night landings but 

it seems the airplane gods are out to get me.  

The shiny new stratus appareo transponder up and died, I suspected that thing was junk.

what to do now?  9th day of ownership and already needs repairs sigh

if the airplane gods hated you, it would have gone out the day after the warranty expired, not 9 days into it.  But yeah, it's aggravating.

20 hours ago, McMooney said:

ARGGHHHH, figured I would go out today get some touch and goes in, maybe do some night landings.

Both the Mooney Pilot Proficiency Program and Beech Pilot Proficiency Program disallow touch and goes. When I do Mooney transition training I do not allow touch and goes.

I'm with you, Mc! Been down a while chasing demons out of my left magneto, will be doing some touch and goes to make sure I still know how to land. Will probably do one or two to a full stop first, it's been way too long . . . .

woot it's fixed, Ray from Texas Flight came over and after giving me the stupid owner/pilot look proceeded to screw the transponder into its tray.

I'm based in Houston KDWH.   Got in 5 trips around the pattern,  3 squeakers, 1 good and 1 teeth rattler

• Like 3

On 7/13/2017 at 8:30 PM, KLRDMD said:

Both the Mooney Pilot Proficiency Program and Beech Pilot Proficiency Program disallow touch and goes. When I do Mooney transition training I do not allow touch and goes.

Why are they disallowed? 

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

Some believe that they will lead to a gear up or worse.  Some believe they are good practice.  It's a Ford Chevy Pickup discussion.

Interesting. I have probably done thousands of touch and go's in retractable gear planes. But I would never argue with those groups as a student , that's for sure.