Recertified Avidyne IFD540 from Avionics Source

Product: Recertified Avidyne IFD540 with 10.2 SW & Wifi/BT/FLTA activations. 
Condition: Complete factory recertification including a new screen/bezel and standard warranty refresh. 
Includes:
Fresh 10.2 Software load
Fresh factory 8130 tag
New WAAS antenna
Warranty: 24 month Avidyne warranty starting on delivery.
Price: $12,100 check/wire price. Save over $1,700 from upgrading to a new unit! Don't miss out. 

**Looking for a pristine 14/28V 530W in trade. Only $4,900 to upgrade. 

Top Features:
10.2 Overview Video: http://bit.ly/2o1L5pr
Synthetic Vision: 3D terrain, 3D Obstacles, 3D traffic.
IFD100 iPad App: A large-format map that wirelessly connects to your panel mounted unit, providing all knob/touch functionality and wireless remote control. 
FLTA: Displays a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path. FLTA also provides visual CAS and aural alerts.
CMAX: Pinch Zoom Approach Charts & Airport Diagrams. (540 only)
GeoFill: Intelligent waypoint additions based on proximity, not database order.
All 10.2 features/enhancements/fixes: http://bit.ly/2mlUVnW

Customer Testimonial:
"The IFD540 is awesome; it offers so much more than my previous 530W. Between tremendously improved resolution, touch screen and knobs, IFD100 iPad app, WiFi and Bluetooth . . . the list of improvements is almost endless. And all at an exceptional price point." -Ken Reed, Beechtalk/Mooneyspace

Edited by Avionics Source
  • Like 1

That's some really fancy almost new equipment, at a tremendous price, coming from a known supplier...

Where is exclusivity going..?  

Now, the most staunch CB can afford a fancy, almost new, touch screen, Waas navigator with fabulous data bases!

much better than buying a used, old, Waas navigator, from an unknown source on eBay...

Fire in the hole! :)  (Off beat Inflammatory rhetoric only, no sticks required)

-a-

• Like 1

That's some really fancy almost new equipment, at a tremendous price, coming from a known supplier...
Where is exclusivity going..?  
Now, the most staunch CB can afford a fancy, almost new, touch screen, Waas navigator with fabulous data bases!
much better than buying a used, old, Waas navigator, from an unknown source on eBay...
Fire in the hole!   (Off beat Inflammatory rhetoric only, no sticks required)
-a-

Reach down, pull out your wallet, find the credit card with the largest credit line and call the man. Time to ask what WAAS can do for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, AlexLev said:

This is meant to replace a 530w, not a 430w, right?

It's actually the perfect time to replace the 430w...for the $6k delta you get a massive upgrade and all the wiring stays the same. So all you have to do to install the unit is remove the old rack, make some room, and install the new rack. This is a wonderful way to upgrade the panel minus some possible Garmin AP issues. 

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It's actually the perfect time to replace the 430w...for the $6k delta you get a massive upgrade and all the wiring stays the same. So all you have to do to install the unit is remove the old rack, make some room, and install the new rack. This is a wonderful way to upgrade the panel minus some possible Garmin AP issues. 

I'll look into seeing if I can make some space..here's the panel: any ideas?

panel.jpg

1 minute ago, AlexLev said:

I'll look into seeing if I can make some space..here's the panel: any ideas?

panel.jpg

Replace the KX-170B with something else slimmer, like an SL-30, move whatever is below it to the space now occupied by the ADF, remove that as well. Insert 540. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N6758N said:

Replace the KX-170B with something else slimmer, like an SL-30, move whatever is below it to the space now occupied by the ADF, remove that as well. Insert 540. 

Yeah, seeing about replacing the 170B with something slimmer makes sense. I am not sure I can move the A/P to where the ADF is just because of the wires. I'll look into it more. Thanks!

Just now, AlexLev said:

Yeah, seeing about replacing the 170B with something slimmer makes sense. I am not sure I can move the A/P to where the ADF is just because of the wires. I'll look into it more. Thanks!

Just take out the 170 and put a replacement com or nav/com in place of the adf. 

• Like 1

@Godfather suggestion is even better. Pull the ADF and throw it in the bin. Move the 170B over to where the ADF was. Upgrade to a better 2nd Nav/Com if you want, but not all that important as the IFD540 is the only Nav/Com you'll ever use. Send the 430 and some cash to Chase at AvionicSource for the IFD540. And put it in the spot vacated by the 430 and the 170B.

You'll be wondering what took you so long.

• Like 2