Halo in ear headsets

Danb

+1 for the silicone ones...

+1 for the procedure of how to hold the ear while inserting the plug...

I got trained on how to insert an ear plug by an OSHA pro.  I really didn't know which way the ear canal actually went...

There is magic with how the high quality speaker is mounted to the head band.  Only a plug goes in your ear...

Best regards,

-a-

I am testing the tips out now also.  From the internet it looks like the yellow foamies are 25dB reduction; the black soft foam are 42dB. The beige foamies are pediatric sized. Clear silicone looks like 25-30 dB.

Yellow has worked so far. Want to get the black ones to work with their better noise reduction.

There is a sweet spot with the plugs in the ear, not too far in.

Ear canal does not go the direction you expect....

iain

• Like 1

I am a great fan of the Halo and just can't compress the yellow ones enough to make a comfortable fit, so I use the pediatric ones, which provide excellent attenuation for me. The white silicone's have great noise cancelling properties too, but for some reason they don't allow air pressure to be relieved (at least for me) and I end up having to momentarily take them out when changing altitudes to equalize the pressure. They are very problematic for me when descending.