This is why I fly

Had to be in court at 8:30 this morning in Burbank. I've driven it before; it takes about an hour (if no accidents) to get there by car, and ninety minutes or more to get from the courthouse to my office on the westside of Los Angeles mid-day after whatever hearing. So today I flew. SMO to BUR and back took about 6 minutes each way in the air (tack on a few minutes for taxi, runup, etc). From parking my Jeep at my tie-down to stepping into the courtroom: 35 minutes. (SMO is about 5 minutes from my office.) The return trip? About the same. Bonus: Holding short behind a Spitfire and watching it depart...

Parked next to another Mooney at Atlantic at Burbank (N5808F, with a decal of Wiley E. Coyote riding a rocket on the vertical stabilizer); I think we were the only two piston planes there.

• Like 9

That guy clearly gets it...

Seth is the NJMP finance guy of record...  his steed, a really nice Missile.  M20J + IO550(a)

So if the 6 minute flight is too long... get an IO550 to shave off some seconds from that flight! :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

And not only is Seth Meyers the NJMP finance guy of record, he is a new board member of the Mooney Summit Inc and will be "THE MAN" to put on the Mooney Summit VI in 2018 along with Lee Drumheller. Seth and Lee's passion and youth will drive the Mooney Summit's programs into the next generation of Mooney owners. These gents, coupled with Bob Kromer's wisdom, Ken Yales' experience, Ron Dubin's kindness, Nick Elliotts' youth and determination, and my offbeat sense of humor, we think we will have the right mix to "better the breed" for years to come.

David Kayden deserves a huge amount of praise for his selfless giving on our board to get the Mooney Summit incorporated and off the ground.

• Like 2