Fuel Bladders soon to be approved !

3 hours ago, Chris Murley said:

2017 pricing is as follows:

6 bag bladders 54.8 Gal $6,950.00,  installed $10,250.00

8 bag bladders 64 Gallon $8,875.00,  installed $14,250.00

2 bag add on for existing 6 bag customers $3,250.00,  installed $4,700.00

Chris, welcome aboard! I lived in Falls for a while when I worked in Wilkes Barre. Really is beautiful up there.

I think it would be great if you also posted this same information along with contact info in the Vendor Forum under a heading of  "STC Fuel Bladders Available Again" or something similar. They are a consideration for me as I want to get a paint job sooner rather than later, but I know my tanks will need resealing at some point when I least expect it. Like right after I have it painted.

Thanks for putting up with all of the hoop-jumping to get this STC working again.

Just want to relay an experience this morning working with the Grigg's team. Called to check on the kits for converting to locking caps. I also needed to understand what was involved in the conversion.

Spoke to Ruthie first who informed me she is the "finance" person. She quickly had me speak with Mike who explained the cap conversion process. Back to Ruthie and the order placed.

What customer should be. Nice job Team Grigg's!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris,  This is going to be an odd question but do you have any pictures that you could post?  I have bladders in my airplane and have wondered what they look like when they are out.  I've looked down the cap but it's dark and usually full of fuel.

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Chris,  This is going to be an odd question but do you have any pictures that you could post?  I have bladders in my airplane and have wondered what they look like when they are out.  I've looked down the cap but it's dark and usually full of fuel.

I have all the parts for the bladder system sitting in a box in my Hangar Tony. I will try and get some pictures next time I am there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N6758N said:

Thanks for all your hard work Chris. Alan is a 'friend' of mine and he put me in touch with you guys in order to get the rest of the pieces I need for my system.

Ruthie at Griggs is so helpful and easy to deal with. I just received all the rest of the parts I need to complete my bladder install from them. Their prices are very fair and they are willing to sell just pieces of the system along with purchasing the STC, which makes installing a serviceable set of these a possibility. Most companies these days want you to buy a whole new system or at least send everything back to them for overhaul (S-tec for example) Looking forward to doing more business with Griggs in the future! I'd love to have them paint my Mooney if the budget ever allows it. 

Don't forget who located this system for you ..

For planes that were originally the 54 gallon, how do you add two extra bladders to increase to 64? Where do you put them?

Planes that were originally 64 gallon useable may have had the bladders installed and reduced the quantity from 64 gallons to 54.8 gallons. If the plane you are looking at has a 54.8 gallon bladder system, you can purchase a two extra bladder system to bring it back to 64 gallons.

I have the 54.8 gallon bladder system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, it is a '64 C so I think it was a 52 gallon. However, the owner reports he gets 57 total. I think he just might be mistaken. The form 337 I have a copy of doesn't specify. 

The original 52 gallon Mooneys that had bladders installed went up to 54.8. Not sure if the 64 gallons can be installed in them. The 57 the owner is reporting includes the unusable fuel.

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

The original 52 gallon Mooneys that had bladders installed went up to 54.8. Not sure if the 64 gallons can be installed in them. The 57 the owner is reporting includes the unusable fuel.

I'm pretty sure that the Es, which I'm also pretty sure were all 52 gallons originally, are eligible for the 64 gallon bladders. I have the 54 (nominal) gallon original version. Griggs must still be working on their web site which does not include Mooney bladders info yet. The old O&N web site is mostly dismantled and has lost the bladders info as well. 

@DrBill added bladders to his '65(?)E - he may have 64 gallons...

14 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

We added the two extra bags about 10 years later, bringing us up to 64 gallons.  

Not that it will be the same pricing under a different company but do you remember about what you paid to add the extra 2?  Have a J with 54 that would be nice to take back to 64?

1 hour ago, mccdeuce said:

Not that it will be the same pricing under a different company but do you remember about what you paid to add the extra 2?  Have a J with 54 that would be nice to take back to 64?

In 1991, the 54.8 gallon system I had installed was $4,900. 

I'm pretty sure that the Es, which I'm also pretty sure were all 52 gallons originally, are eligible for the 64 gallon bladders. I have the 54 (nominal) gallon original version. Griggs must still be working on their web site which does not include Mooney bladders info yet. The old O&N web site is mostly dismantled and has lost the bladders info as well. 
[mention=8267]DrBill[/mention] added bladders to his '65(?)E - he may have 64 gallons...

I have 54 gal installed in 2012 by the factory in PA.
Bill

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Marauder said:

In 1991, the 54.8 gallon system I had installed was $4,900. 

I have a receipt for my J then that showed about the same price for the 54. That's why I was a bit shocked to see almost the same price to install just 10 extra gallons. Pretty sure I'll just live with what I have. (Maybe but g5 instead)

47 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Yes, Bob. 64 gallon bladders have been available for your E for many years, if that is your question?  See my post above about our having added the extra two bags to our C in or around 2004. 

Yes,  I was sure that that was the case but an earlier poster had questioned whether the extra 10 could go in planes that had originally only 52 which would be primarily Cs and Es.