Free shirt from LASAR

I know having more entry's will hurt my chance of winning. But I thought this was a good thing and wanted to pass it on. It would be cool if at least a Mooney Space member won the $1,000 in parts.

https://lasar.com/tshirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Will be bringing mine in for annual tomorrow and had a conversation with Robert about never getting a price break on the flat rate by model even though I do a considerable amount of work and not just little things but many of the more complex tasks. Robert said I stand to do better with the new owners so we will see. What I can say is from what I have heard the mechs they are very happy with the new owners. But that is not meant and a disparity against Paul and Sherry. They have always been great but I have always had a bit of an issue with no price breaks on the owner assistance annual.

• Like 1

Yep, owner assist costs more, not less. I'm pretty sure they all have the plaque hanging on the wall somewhere. (Check the restroom)

Standard Hourly Rate: $75

Owner Assist Hourly Rate: $100

Owner (engineer/technical) Assist Hourly Rate: $200

It will look something like this:

fc0a0126222bbe1828e06af39b6d068e.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Clarence encourages us to participate in his annuals of our aircraft.  He does not always have the most patience, but he recognises the utility of a pilot learning about their own systems.  I will be doing mine this year in his shop after a two year hiatus caused by work.  

For myself, I do not hold myself to be better than an apprentice - and that is with a Summa Cum Laude degree in engineering.  Smart engineer.  Smart enough to not fly something I might fix myself.  Clarence will tell me if my work is acceptable.  My own work is not always acceptable - but when the annual is signed off, I know the work has been done well, including correcting any mistakes I might make.

I already have a maintainer like this, but I am fairly certain that others might wish for the same.  

4 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

My IA knocks $100 off his flat rate for the inspection for my participation in the annual each year. I have never calculated how many hours I contribute but is is typically a couple of fun days by myself opening her up, cleaning, and inspecting followed by three fairly hard days with him inspecting, servicing, repairing, and reinstalling everything. A good deal for both of us as far as I am concerned. 

Jim

Knowing ones aircraft inside and out, in my opinion, is optimum.  Participating is invaluable to me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...