KAP-150 microprocessor upgrade/service bulletin

our plane is in for some adjusting.

shop says at some point there was a SB back in the day for the kap-150 to upgrade the microprocessor relating to glideslope performance, but they can't get the processor anymore.

I can't find anything about it online, anyone happen to know anything? It'd sure be nice to know what the upgrade did and how I could track down a processor.

If Autopilots Central can't find the microprocessor I doubt any of us can. Your best shot may be to see if you can find a used KC191 Computer for your KAP150 and make sure it has the mod that corresponds with the new microprocessor.

KAP150.pdf

On a side note I brought an airplane I was selling ('97 Mooney Encore) to Don Maxwell for a pre-buy for the prospective new owner. Don took the airplane up and flew it, testing all avionics, making that a part of his thorough pre-buy. Even though his pre-buy was not inexpensive it was complete and good insurance against getting an airplane with a lot of squawks. Avionics seem to be overlooked on a lot of the pre-buys and it can be frustrating to chase down the gremlins later.

42 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

If Autopilots Central can't find the microprocessor I doubt any of us can. Your best shot may be to see if you can find a used KC191 Computer for your KAP150 and make sure it has the mod that corresponds with the new microprocessor.

KAP150.pdf

On a side note I brought an airplane I was selling ('97 Mooney Encore) to Don Maxwell for a pre-buy for the prospective new owner. Don took the airplane up and flew it, testing all avionics, making that a part of his thorough pre-buy. Even though his pre-buy was not inexpensive it was complete and good insurance against getting an airplane with a lot of squawks. Avionics seem to be overlooked on a lot of the pre-buys and it can be frustrating to chase down the gremlins later.

Don did our our prebuy.

It cost 1400 iirc.

The plane was not flown. 

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

The buyer had a laundry list of everything he wanted checked out that he had e-mailed to Don, so the avionics may have been  part of that.

Why are we talking about ppi in a question about autopilots?