Grim Reaper Strikes Again

201er

9 hours ago, DaV8or said:

That airplane's damn near ready to fly! I don't know what you paid, but likely it's a great bargain. If there is little corrosion, then 300 hrs is 300 hrs. How many annuals do you suppose it's had? Six or seven? My airplane dreams of only being taken part that many times. Long term there are age related issues mostly with rubber and plastic, but still a great value IMO assuming it was acquired cheap.

Cheap is the only way that Alan acquires anything!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

If you sell it log less as a rebuild project, then the logs dont really matter do they?

Logs are a bargaining chip in my opinion, this bird will most likely be gone through with a fine tooth comb and the logs reconstructed. Everyone seems to freak out when logs are missing, my logs where complete and I still verified the books weren't just pencil whipped, if there was any major damaged repaired and not logged someone did a good job of repairing it 

• Like 1

Well the compression on one cylinder is low , So I pulled it and for the life of me , cant see anything wrong with it , so I said screw it , pulled all 4 inspected the cam , and the jugs go to Columbia engines tomorrow morning for an IRAN , hone it , check for cracks , clean it and replace the exhaust guides , and a Valve job....  

• Like 7

So far , Pulled the interior , inspected the cage , sprayed the cage with corrosion-x , pulled the foil off of the splice plates , splice plates are clean , reinstalled interior ,removed sound insulation as it was pushing out the interior panels,  repaired short in instrument breaker , Replaced KMA24 with KMA 28 , Replaced Apollo 618 and antenna , with Apollo GX55 and antenna , Replaced all the cowl fasteners with new , Disassembled mag , cleaned and adjusted points , set E-gap , cleaned and gapped plugs , Changed oil and filter and added Camguard (a case was in the plane ) , Replaced gear biscuits with 5 year old biscuits , Replaced exhaust tail pipe , Replaced glare shield with used one , Lubed the hell out of everything , Replaced ADF antenna , Reconstructed logs completely back to 2009 , Got airworthiness cert replaced , Ordered 3 new goodyear tires , Removed jugs for O/haul , Inspected cam lobes , performed SB208 , Annualed prop , replaced avionics lenses , scrubbed the living hell out of the plane , Cleaned K&N filter , replaced turn coordinator with used unit , rebuilt all 4 fuel caps , swung gear ,   Getting there slowly....... 

• Like 11

On 7/17/2017 at 5:19 PM, Alan Fox said:

So far , Pulled the interior , inspected the cage , sprayed the cage with corrosion-x , pulled the foil off of the splice plates , splice plates are clean , reinstalled interior ,removed sound insulation as it was pushing out the interior panels,  repaired short in instrument breaker , Replaced KMA24 with KMA 28 , Replaced Apollo 618 and antenna , with Apollo GX55 and antenna , Replaced all the cowl fasteners with new , Disassembled mag , cleaned and adjusted points , set E-gap , cleaned and gapped plugs , Changed oil and filter and added Camguard (a case was in the plane ) , Replaced gear biscuits with 5 year old biscuits , Replaced exhaust tail pipe , Replaced glare shield with used one , Lubed the hell out of everything , Replaced ADF antenna , Reconstructed logs completely back to 2009 , Got airworthiness cert replaced , Ordered 3 new goodyear tires , Removed jugs for O/haul , Inspected cam lobes , performed SB208 , Annualed prop , replaced avionics lenses , scrubbed the living hell out of the plane , Cleaned K&N filter , replaced turn coordinator with used unit , rebuilt all 4 fuel caps , swung gear ,   Getting there slowly....... 

Question is that gx55 a side in replacement for the old loran?or did you have to replace the tray?I ve got a buddy in Montana that has been waiting for his To become function again

• 2 weeks later...