WTB Landing gear airspeed switch

I had been having issues with my gear folding up. Thankfully it never had a problem going down. I finally had a chance to get my plane to Greg at Advanced Aircraft Services. He said the airspeed switch is shot and the factory doesn't have one in stock. I was wondering if anyone might have one in stock. Thanks in advance......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, xcrmckenna said:

I had been having issues with my gear folding up. Thankfully it never had a problem going down. I finally had a chance to get my plane to Greg at Advanced Aircraft Services. He said the airspeed switch is shot and the factory doesn't have one in stock. I was wondering if anyone might have one in stock. Thanks in advance......

I'd contact Maxwell and LASAR who are more likely to have inventory than most MSCs. And both will try to find something for you if they do not have it.

• Like 1

I struck out with Dugosh, LASAR, and Maxwell. I'll call ACparts. If not looks like I'll have to wait the three weeks from the factory. Buy a plane they said...:)

I have a variety since there are more than one.  a photo would help 

I'll shoot an email to the mechanic and get a pic and a part number. It's a 1977 201 if that narrows it down.

880013-503   let me get to the parts and dig one  out

Greg at Advanced Aircraft who is doing the work emailed me and said the factory price is $1337.

KSMooniac@ that's what I thought as well. But it's been pulled out and verified it's an airspeed switch. I have the red bypass button on my panel. The problem is consistent where the gear won't fold up till I reach 90mph. Greg put it on his bench tester and said it has totally failed now and can't get it to work.

I have the red bypass button as well, but retained the original squat switch. I don't know why someone would want to put that very expensive and easily damaged airspeed switch in! If I were you, I'd go back to the squat switch. It is common for those a/s switches to get damaged with the biennial pitot static tests.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, KSMooniac said:

I have the red bypass button as well, but retained the original squat switch. I don't know why someone would want to put that very expensive and easily damaged airspeed switch in! If I were you, I'd go back to the squat switch. It is common for those a/s switches to get damaged with the biennial pitot static tests.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I wasn't told that was an option. I'll ask Greg. Thank you

Just now, acpartswhse said:

almost home. if it is ok it will be in the morning before I get back to you but will go out tomorrow.  where are you?  Egypt takes 1 day.  US takes 2 to 3 usps priority

I'll send you a pm as soon as I talk to the mechanic. I'm in the states. Thank you

almost home. if it is ok it will be in the morning before I get back to you but will go out tomorrow.  where are you?  Egypt takes 1 day.  US takes 2 to 3 usps priority

The switch I need is 880013-505 not 503. If you have that one let me know. Thanks for your time.

Found out they stopped putting squat switches in 201's at serial#24-0238. Dugosh told me my plane had the squat switch and for some reason I always read that number as 24-0338 because my serial# is 24-0277 and figured if my plane has an airspeed switch it had to of been changed. But talking to my mechanic he finally got it through my head that the last plane was 24-0238 not 338. Guess I have a little dyslexia. Verified by my poh it is 24-0238

if you cant find the original I would be happy to send you the 503 to use till you find one.  ask don if it will work even temporarily.  parts books says it will.  when you find the original just return mine  jerry pressley

We should have the new one from the factory today. Thank you though. I guess the difference between the 505 and 503 is the mounting.