MV Aviation

Flying in Greece

Hi fellow Mooneyacs,

about a month ago a did an island hopping trip from Germany to Greece with my 65E. The first owner half a century ago used to fly a lot in this region (Greece, Lebanon, ...), so it was fun to take her back here. 

This is a video of leg number three from Thessaloniki to Athens International. It was an awesome (and expensive) experience, to be part of the ATC system in such a busy environment and the views were great. The two previous legs are already online and I'm working on the rest (Milos, Heraklion/Crete, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Zadar). I hope you enjoy the video.

Best, Marco

• Like 6

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Nice, but how expensive is expensive. In light of the current debate about ATC in the US it would be interesting to get a perspective of what could happen to GA in the US...

22 minutes ago, Oscar Avalle said:

Nice, but how expensive is expensive. In light of the current debate about ATC in the US it would be interesting to get a perspective of what could happen to GA in the US...

Well, the landing and parking fee at Athens was in the area of 230€=250$. Including handling, we were at a little over 400€. The other Greek airports were ranging between 70 and 200€.

In general in Europe you pay about 5 to 50€ at a very small airports and 50 to 100€ at regional/small international airports. In Frankfurt for example, landing for a light aircraft is 800-1000€, because they don't want you here. I once landed at KMIA with a PA28. After getting 10 Gal of fuel, I didn't have to pay anything else (what a dream).

Enroute services for aircraft below 2T (I think) are fee.

• Like 1

Great video, Marco.

Thanks for sharing your part of the Mooney World.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MV Aviation said:

Well, the landing and parking fee at Athens was in the area of 230€=250$. Including handling, we were at a little over 400€. The other Greek airports were ranging between 70 and 200€.

In general in Europe you pay about 5 to 50€ at a very small airports and 50 to 100€ at regional/small international airports. In Frankfurt for example, landing for a light aircraft is 800-1000€, because they don't want you here. I once landed at KMIA with a PA28. After getting 10 Gal of fuel, I didn't have to pay anything else (what a dream).

Enroute services for aircraft below 2T (I think) are fee.

Thank you!! Well, I once went to Boston Logan and ended up paying around US$ 400 to Signature...

Oscar