Movie with a Mooney 201 in it

201er

I recently stumbled across a movie that had a familiar looking airplane on the cover. On closer inspection, I was sure it was a Mooney. I watched the trailer and the Mooney flashed in it a few times so I figured, what the heck I'll rent it, if the movie sucks, at least it will be fun to see a Mooney. The movie was alright and the Mooney got a lot of air time.

random-tropical-paradise-poster.thumb.jpg.03dc88acf932191d3e2f258b2b2873d7.jpg

Here's the trailer, can you spot the Mooney?

And here's my compilation of all the hot Mooney action:

• Like 5

Was watching "American Greed" tonight, which was about Stewart Parnell and his peanut butter business that wound up creating one of the biggest salmonella outbreaks in the country.  As an example of Mr. Parnell's ostentatious lifestyle they noted that he had a "Mooney M20" airplane.

Well, it's famous now.

• 2 years later...

well not a Mooney but my hangar was in an episode foe NCIS New Orleans:D.  My Mooney was inside the hangar so I guess my Mooney was in the show.:o:ph34r:

I guess my hangar didn't look nasty enough the painted rust on it to make it look worse.:o  Anyone wanting autographs I plan on being available at the next Mooney Summit.:D:D:lol::lol:

image.thumb.jpeg.b8534605a02f9a70ebcd80163f89bf89.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this old thread because we watched an Elvira Mistress of the Dark send-up last night with the feature being I Eat Your Skin.  Camp zombie flick.  The airplane that plays a part in the plot is a Vintage Mooney, looks like an M20C model to me.  It meets a sad demise when a zombie carrying a box of explosives walks into the spinning prop and blows everything up!

I Eat Your Skin (1971) - IMDb

I Eat Your Skin (1964) – The EOFFTV Review

My old F Mooney was so close to being in a movie. My ex wife's brother lived in Napa CA and we went over to visit him. I was parked at the Napa airport and there was obviously a movie being shot. I asked one of the crew what it was and they just gave me the brush off. 

It turns out it was the remake of The Parent Trap. In the scene where the plane lands and taxis in, if they would have panned one plane to the right my Mooney would be immortal!