Parking break valve

OR75

On 7/3/2017 at 2:14 PM, OR75 said:

Anyone know what type of seals are in the parking brake valve ?

The part number of the valve is A-115-4 but there is not breakdown in the parts catalog

there are 2 O'rings on the valve stem

Which model do you have?  I'm curious as well...light leak starting.

'77 J. 
The cylinders are fine and not leaking. Braking is fine . However, the parking break does not work 

Same plane, same problem. I'll be looking forward to what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was like that and they had to replace the fluid. It was no doubt the original fluid and had turned to a gel. They had a hard time getting the old stuff out, but has worked fine since they put new fluid in it. 

I just replaced these at our annual in March as had same problem of the parking brake being worthless...

MS28775-015

MS28775-006

After replacing these, new oil, bleeding etc, the brake will now at least hold the plane at idle, but not much more above that...better than before but certainly not the improvement was looking for.  I think just by design it only works so well, but maybe others get better braking hold.  

• Like 1