Hard work pays off

First of all I couldn't have done any of this with out this Forum.  The information and the advice is priceless.  The Mooney we now call Gypsy is a dream to fly.  Took it from KHZE to KFAR and back basically non stop except for a brief landing in KFAR and it performed beautifully.   The trip by car one way is four hours and the whole flight with stopping took 3.5.  Five months of beating my head against a wing and finally it seems to be all worth it.  There are a few small squawks that I need to address but nothing airworthy.  The engine purred and the flight even  as bumpy as it was turned out to be great.  cruised at 7500 going and between 4K-6K with a 17 knot head wind coming back and burned right at 29 gallons.  I think the best part was when I stopped in Fargo at the jet center and was greeted by two other commercial pilots that were quick to say nice Mooney and great landing.   Made the whole trip worth while.  Time to start looking for further distances to travel to.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

You're making a great case for the Mooney Hall of Fame for bringing one back from the brink.  Well done and hope to get to see it some day.

Texas is my next stop.  Huntsville.  My best friend lives there

7 minutes ago, Dream to fly said:

Texas is my next stop.  Huntsville.  My best friend lives there

Wait until it cools off... October is good.  We had to leave and head north ourselves... just too miserably hot to do anything without air-conditioning or submersed in water.

• Like 1