Mooney Summit V Registration is now open

mike_elliott

Awesome!  Refresh my memory, please.  Do we make donations for the summit through the Bill Gilliland Foundation on the webpage?

Sure Robert, that will work, or send a check to the Mooney Summit
1334 riverside dr
Tarpon Springs, Fl 34689

Thank you kind sir!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, mike_elliott said:

Lee fox is coming Paul. Let's do the formation demo!

Mike, the Lynchburg Caravan clinic, which has been Lee's baby for weeks, came off absolutely great last weekend - 3 days of ground school and formation flying in great weather. I suspect that Lee is still focused on a mini clinic (6 planes) in 2 weeks at KHKY and then there's the KMSN/KOSH Caravan itself on 7/23. We will have several Caravan pilots who will be in Panama City Beach and Lee will be able to focus on the fall shindig.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Lee fox is coming Paul. Let's do the formation demo!

I like it!  If Bucko or Doc come from Texas, we will likely fly in formation all the way from Austin. 

• Like 2

Guys, if your just registering to be registered "in case" it works out, please reconsider. Make the commitment to be there. We spend approx $60 per registered person to produce the event on catering, food, beverages, name badges etc. Pease don't make us waste money as we have to commit to the caterers restaurants etc. no later than Sept 1. Make the commitment with work to attend, make the commitment to drive the 3 hours if you feel uncomfortable flying in that day. Heck, my wife drives 6+ hours each way to help us out. This year, the badges will be really classy and a bit pricey, but well worth it and can be reused for future Mooney Summits and fly ins!

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, carusoam said:

I registered...

The site echoed back 'we will see you there'

I hope it is telling the truth!

Best regards,

-a-

Signed up again last night. Looking forward to seeing you there, Anthony! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neilpilot said:

You mean you wouldn't drive the whole 3 hours if WX cancelled your flight?

9 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Guys, if your just registering to be registered "in case" it works out, please reconsider. Make the commitment to be there. We spend approx $60 per registered person to produce the event on catering, food, beverages, name badges etc. Pease don't make us waste money as we have to commit to the caterers restaurants etc. no later than Sept 1. Make the commitment with work to attend, make the commitment to drive the 3 hours if you feel uncomfortable flying in that day. Heck, my wife drives 6+ hours each way to help us out. This year, the badges will be really classy and a bit pricey, but well worth it and can be reused for future Mooney Summits and fly ins!

Mine was a tounge in cheek jab at my year-long annual last year. I have access to other planes.

Next time I'll put a smiley face

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steingar said:

Wish I could come, but gotta work. Hate it when it happens.

after 2 days, we have 138 people registered, and at some point,  each of us will be thinking of those that were unfortunate and unable to attend. Our purpose is to better the breed of the Mooney pilot, provide a social environment for the entire Mooney family that facilitates the transfer of knowledge and competency and to raise money to fund our charitable foundation, the Bill Gilliland foundation to help downed Mooney pilot's families at the time of their greatest need. 

I am so proud of our team in that for the last 4 years we have met and exceeded this mission beyond my wildest expectations when we first conceptualized this.I am so proud of the Mooney community, each of your generosity, and all of our sponsors for really making this happen. Together, we can make a difference for some of our brother's families when they really need it.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2017 at 7:35 PM, Raptor05121 said:

Mine was a tounge in cheek jab at my year-long annual last year. I have access to other planes.

Next time I'll put a smiley face

glad you can make it.  It's always a great time and very educational.  

• Like 1

The Tower at Panama City is well aware of the summit, as are other locals. I stopped there a few weeks ago (due to weather) and ground asked me if I knew about the event. I let them know that I did and had attended last years. They said it's a pleasure to have us there seeing its their biggest event held on the field each year. 

• Like 3