Sorry, I have to give praise

How I love my 67F and it's ability to carry my whole family of 4 with 140lbs of baggage and 64 gallons of fuel at 145ktas at 7.8gph peak.

I am so glad I spent less money for an F, as opposed to the J.    I give praise to the J for what it does, as the other models, but in the spirit of the rifleman's creed ...

This is my F.  There are many like it, but this one is mine.  My F is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my F is useless. Without my F, I am useless. I must fly my F true. I must fly straighter than the Cirrus who is trying to kill me.  I must depart before he lands on me. I will…
My F and I know that what counts in flying is not the smooth taxi, the noise of our prop, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is efficiency that counts. We will be efficient…
My F is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its yoke and its envelope. I will keep my F clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…
Before Al Mooney, I swear this creed. My F and I are the defenders GA's right to exist. We are the masters of our politicians.

• Like 9

Just now, bluehighwayflyer said:

J's look prettier than F's do in my opinion but if your F will consistently do 145 KTAS on 7.8 GPH it is more efficient and probably faster, too, than my J is.  Quite remarkable performance and definitely a keeper.  :)

Jim 

The only speed mod my F has right now is the brake caliper reversal STC...I tend to think it gave me a knot or two.  oh, I do have a top prop though..   I do like the look of the J, but an F with lo presti cowl wins hands down.. Maybe someday I'll have a sloped windshield and cowl to help the look...   I know I'm losing a knot or two with current rigging.. hope that will be resolved this summer. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Ahhh, another Mooney Poem!

It's awfully early on Friday for such good writing.  :)

Best regards,

-a-

I was just thinking about private pyle in full metal jacket and googled, and found that it wasn't just jibberish he was saying in the bathroom.. it was the rifleman's creed... i read the full creed and though... hmmm  sounds like a mooney!    So, it's really just good plagiarism really!..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, astravierso said:

I'm a bit conflicted about this....usurping the Rifleman Creed is frowned upon unless you have earned the title. Ok had to keep the company line. Damn fine job.

Good Night Chesty, Good Night Al where ever you are

Yea, for this very same reason, I couldn't include the final bit of the creed..  it's pretty awesome to read it and think of all those servicemen and women. I really admire those who earned the right to recite it.   Especially this close to the 4th of July!

• Like 1