Eddy Cuurent Inspection of Proppeller hub

Who will do the eddy current inspection on wing or off near Oshkosh, WI? I have a low time Hartzell prop not overhauled in many years but works great. Fly about 20 hours per year but need to get recurring inspections to fulfill AD or have to rebuild.  Prop is HC-C2YK-1BF on a O-360 A1A for a C-172

Just now, ragedracer1977 said:

-1BF should not require the eddy current inspection. That's the "B" hub.

-1BF doesn't mean it's a B Hub.

-1,means Constant Speed

B,is the cylinder size

F,means it has the strengthened pitch change Mechanism.

The B would be stamped at the end of the serial Number.

Also, your B hub will have the Grease fitting on the Flange.

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, Michael Niver said:

Who will do the eddy current inspection on wing or off near Oshkosh, WI? I have a low time Hartzell prop not overhauled in many years but works great. Fly about 20 hours per year but need to get recurring inspections to fulfill AD or have to rebuild.  Prop is HC-C2YK-1BF on a O-360 A1A for a C-172

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, RobertGary1 said:

I go through this every 100 hours too. Used to be required at annual but the faa backed off on that. 

-Robert

Where do you go to get this done. Many shops will nbot do if prop has not been overhauled and many will not do on wing at all.

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Michael,

It would be really cool if you could include your location in your avatar.

I would recommend the shop I used to use if you are in my area of the world...

Best regards,

-a-

His first post says near Oshkosh.

Clarence

At 20 hrs per year you might just want a reseal on the prop and keep running it, or just keep running it. That's only one inspection every 5 years. There is a shop near Pontiac mi (h&s propeller) that still does them. Land at the airport, take off the spinner, and give them a call. An hour later you are good to go. No big deal every 5 years in your case.  

1 hour ago, MIm20c said:

At 20 hrs per year you might just want a reseal on the prop and keep running it, or just keep running it. That's only one inspection every 5 years. There is a shop near Pontiac mi (h&s propeller) that still does them. Land at the airport, take off the spinner, and give them a call. An hour later you are good to go. No big deal every 5 years in your case.  

I'm doing exactly this on Tuesday with H&S next week at KPTK. $200

• 2 weeks later...