Wanted: Hartzell prop hub for HC-C2YK-1BF with A or B suffix hub serial # to replace one with recurring AD

acpartswhse, I will make you an offer for that B style hub for my Hartzell HC -C2YK-1BF. Can you tell me the history of this hub? Do you have any photos? Not sure what it costs for shipping but we can add that cost also. Thank You, You can call me to discuss if you like, 920-892-7066.

Mike

daver328, Can you tell me who is the contact at Sensinich to get a quotation for this mod?  Seems odd that the competition is offering up a solution?  Are you happy with your mod and how long have you been operating with this fix? I have asked Hartzell to perform this fix and they pretty much talked me out of it. because they said it has a high probability of leaking. This did not make sense to me since it is one of their service bulletins and why would they offer a fix that they do not have confidence in? This is a crazy situation that I am trying hard to stay calm about. 

1 hour ago, acpartswhse said:

Have a low time B hub if anyone has an idea what it is worth. I was going to use it on N6068Q but will be a loooong time till I need it so make offer.  With logs of course

I will make you an offer. Do you have a photo and some history for this hub before I consider an offer. Thanks,

Mike

what do i show in the photo. That it is truly a B hub/  first hub had large indention between bolt holes around blade shank. A hub had partial indention and is legal for only1 eddy current.  B hub was solid between bolts and is one of the two no eddy current hubs.   I can send a photo but we both know what you need. 

Jerry , I had mine NDT'd and tagged , sold it for 2200.00     Russell can tag it at Stallings Propeller..  Also , I wouldn't sell it untagged , too much liability.... 

Edited by Alan Fox

16 hours ago, acpartswhse said:

what do i show in the photo. That it is truly a B hub/  first hub had large indention between bolt holes around blade shank. A hub had partial indention and is legal for only1 eddy current.  B hub was solid between bolts and is one of the two no eddy current hubs.   I can send a photo but we both know what you need. 

Ok, I believe you know what I need. I understand that this is a hub without damage history and is the correct style. I am offering  you $2200 plus $35 shipping for this "B" suffix serial # hub. My intent is to have this installed on my top prop when it is OH'd. Do you think I need it to be yellow tagged for this or is the log book sufficient? Can you get it yellow tagged? Not sure I totally understand the requirements for OH and yellow tag parts. Please let me know if that is acceptable. Thanks for your help.

Mike

2 hours ago, acpartswhse said:

The overhaul shop you use will check it to make sure they want to sign their name to the overhaul.  How soon do you need it.  I have a couple damaged mooneys mo ferry.  couple weeks?  jerry   and it has 62 hours since new

I am looking to do this anywhere from September to December. Not in a great hurry but getting all the parts and getting ready for now. I just need to be sure the prop shop that does the overhaul will do so with this hub without additional cost that I do not know about. Bottom line is a need to know for sure that the prop shop, probably Propeller Service in Lake Zurich, IL will rebuild my prop with your hub. Then, can I return this hub with full refund if the shop will not use it? ( I think this is unlikely but possible). Of course I will pay for return shipping. It would be good to have a picture of the hub and a picture of the logbook entries to show the prop shop to get their blessing. You can send the images to my e-mail at mniver@frontier.com. Are you OK with my offer?

33 minutes ago, acpartswhse said:

offer is good and probably best to send hub to the shop and if they say ok then you can pay me.  also since I am using the blades from this one in my prop I will not need the internals such as tree etc.  will include those as well

Thank You so much for helping me out with this issue. I agree you should send this hub to the prop shop to confirm they will accept it. I have Cody Stallings at Stallings Aircraft Propeller LLC, in Wynne, AK as my first choice. He has confirmed that he can make a determination if the hub has not had a prop strike, damaged and is certifiable and can be used in a prop OH for my Hartzell. Please send the hub and all parts included in the sale so he has them. No hurry so you can send it when you are able in a few weeks for inspection at:

Attn: Cody Stallings

Stallings Aircraft Propeller, LLC

1715 Falls Blvd.

Wynne, AR 72396

870-208-5198

Please let me know what he says when he gets back to you about the hub condition. Looking forward to getting this all done,

Thank You,

Mike

53 minutes ago, acpartswhse said:

Best to send to a large prop shop such Eastern Propeller or such.  Are you ready to install or???   I can send this week to them.  When shall I tell them you will be ready?

Hi Jerry,

I have about  20 hrs of flying to do before my prop is required for the overhaul. I am willing to get the hub inspection, hub purchased, and paid for prior to my OH however. Feel free to get it sent out to Stallings next week and I will pay you as soon as he confirms the OH condition for purchasing. You can tell him my expectation is to do the overhaul 2-4 weeks after approval and payment. I have several recommendations for Stallings Propeller saying they are very good to work with. Are you Ok with sending the hub to Stallings for his approval?  Not sure why you recommend a large prop shop like Eastern, can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Mike

52 minutes ago, Michael Niver said:

Hi Jerry,

I have about  20 hrs of flying to do before my prop is required for the overhaul. I am willing to get the hub inspection, hub purchased, and paid for prior to my OH however. Feel free to get it sent out to Stallings next week and I will pay you as soon as he confirms the OH condition for purchasing. You can tell him my expectation is to do the overhaul 2-4 weeks after approval and payment. I have several recommendations for Stallings Propeller saying they are very good to work with. Are you Ok with sending the hub to Stallings for his approval?  Not sure why you recommend a large prop shop like Eastern, can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Mike

East Coast Propeller is actually not a 'Large shop' but a family run business. They do great work. Either they or Stallings will be able to take care of you. 

1 hour ago, N6758N said:

East Coast Propeller is actually not a 'Large shop' but a family run business. They do great work. Either they or Stallings will be able to take care of you. 

Stand Bye, I will call East Coast/ Sensenich for their quotation and get a feel for them as well. I will need to talk to the mechanic to get some feedback. I will get back to you as soon as I can talk directly and have made a final decision.

Thank You,

Mike

6 minutes ago, Michael Niver said:

Stand Bye, I will call East Coast/ Sensenich for their quotation and get a feel for them as well. I will need to talk to the mechanic to get some feedback. I will get back to you as soon as I can talk directly and have made a final decision.

Thank You,

Mike

Mike,

East Coast propeller and Sensenich are two separate companies. East coast is the one you're looking for. Call and ask for Randy. 717-627-7407

22 hours ago, N6758N said:

Mike,

East Coast propeller and Sensenich are two separate companies. East coast is the one you're looking for. Call and ask for Randy. 717-627-7407

Spoke with Randy at East Coast. He can pick up and deliver my prop at a local FBO and will do the rebuild at a reasonable cost. So East Coast Propeller Service it is. Please send the prop hub to Randy at East Coast at:

2079 Main St, Lititz, PA 17543 for the hub inspection. He will call us when it is done and we can finalize with payment. Thanks again!

On 7/7/2017 at 4:50 AM, acpartswhse said:

getting it out   thanks much  jerry

920-892-7066 is home phone and mniver@frontier.com is email. Both are good ways to contact me when hub is approved at East Coast. Or you can continue to use this discussion forum. Seems like it is harder and harder to find this discussion each time I return to the Mooneyspace. Can you recommend a procedure that is direct?

Thanks,

Mike