Best C forsale currently?

Mooney M20C
1x1.gif

MOONEY M20C • $61,500 • FLY RIGHT NOW  1963 M20C TTSN: 4787 - TSMOH:718 - TSPOH:443 - Useful Load: 930lbs - Amazing IFR platform and in excellent condition. Aspen PFD, Garmin 430/WAAS, S-TEC 30 w/Alt. hold and GPSS, Garmin SL-40, GMA-340, Shadin Fuel Flow, JPI-EDM 700 Engine Monitor, O&N Fuel Bladders, LASAR cowl enclosure, LED Landing Light and GTX-327. IFR Cert due May 2019. Annual due November 2017. All logbooks dating back to 1963. This is an excellent aircraft and will be hard to let it go, but I bought a larger plane. I've owned for 5 years Hangared, well maintained, and flown regularly. Email or text gets quickest response. • Contact Eric Davis, Owner - located Selma, NC USA • Telephone: 919-606-7422 • Posted June 12, 2017  Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser  Recommend This Ad to a Friend  Email Advertiser  Save to Watchlist  Report This Ad  View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

scaled_a1f0_106x80_1265251-EXT1_593eb464 scaled_ff17_106x80_1265251-EXT3_593eb4ac scaled_8fc7_106x80_1265251-INT1_593eb4d3 scaled_8849_106x80_1265251-INT3_593eb503 scaled_7754_106x80_1265251-EXT2_593eb532

I'm still a ~year out from ownership, but I think this M20C checks the block on just about everything I would want. I hope it finds a good short term home for the next year ;) 

It definitely looks turn key.  Great engine time, bladders, good panel.  If it checks clean for corrosion, it's a really nice plane.  I'm not sure about the price; I haven't been pricing things lately.  Seems a little high, but I'm really guessing.

7 hours ago, N6758N said:

It looks very nice on paper, assuming the airframe is as clean as it sounds. Looks more like a 50k airplane to me. Hard to justify 62k for a C model...

It wasn't before Obama killed the aircraft market in '08 . . . . I'm not really up on the recovered market pricing since then, it was too depressing just a year after I bought mine.

18 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

The entire economy crashed in 2007. Along with it, housing, airplanes, boats, Corvettes etc.  the Dow was at 7600 for a while. 

But airplane values dropped off a cliff the day after he fussed at the Big 3 for flying from Detroit to Washington to ask for bailout money. He thought they should have driven and made them fly back, turn around and spend two days on the highway driving down. When they arrived, their jets and my Mooney were worth 30-50% less than the day they originally flew down . . . .

Just now, Hank said:

But airplane values dropped off a cliff the day after he fussed at the Big 3 for flying from Detroit to Washington to ask for bailout money. He thought they should have driven and made them fly back, turn around and spend two days on the highway driving down. When they arrived, their jets and my Mooney were worth 30-50% less than the day they originally flew down . . . .

Graphs and industry data don't  support that theory. Not at least for piston planes. Cheap jets never recovered but the high dollar expensive ones have never had it better.  

Values fell off a cliff in 2006 and stabilized in 2009 according to this article, which seems credible. We bought in 2010 and the prices had just recovered significantly so we wanted to get in before they went higher.  That and I had been steadily employed after I lost my job for a year in 2007. The prices didn't go higher, but we're trending strongly  

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2013/june/01/used-aircraft-values-still-dropping

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hank said:

Anything can cause an uptick or downtick in a market, but over the long term, it's always supply and demand that determines value, nothing else.

10 minutes ago, Hank said:

Hank, sorry, but that is not correct.  There are many things you can blame Obama for, but airplane values dropping after the economy started crashing in 2007 is not one of them.

• Like 3