Oshkosh Airventure MooneySpace Get together on Monday night

yvesg

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

GAC is pretty good. Been there twice.

Lance, get a copy of the Notam, it will have the various signs to have on board in case you change your mind...

Anyone use an iPad for their signs? :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Anthony.  Will download and review Notams.  I'm not sure if the Ipad Mini I carry will be big enough to read for the ground grew from a distance.  Maybe the full sized Ipad, if my passenger has one.  I'll probably print a couple/few out just in case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lance Keve said:

Thanks Bob.  With my flexibility, I could shoot for getting to the region a couple days early if needed to hopefully increase my chances then.

If you go in a day or 2 early I'd be tempted to go to Vintage. @Sabremech volunteers every(?) year. I do not recall which day he flew in but he had a very nice spot.

• Like 2

Part of the problem last year was the weather. It was quite low overcast saturday and into sunday morning, so all the people that had hoped to get there early got stuck at other area airports. Once the field started reporting VFR there was a massive rush of aircraft. Dunno if that contributed to the parking problem or not, but it is what delayed the Caravan arrival and caused a lot of traffic in the arrival. Also as I remember there was a large chunk of area north of 09/27 that was really soft and muddy making it unusable for parking aircraft. Depending on weather leading up to the event that could of course happen again. We can control a lot of things, but weather isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

It is with great pleasure that I have to announce that Van Allen Airmotive (Mooneyspace member dva) will sponsor the 2017 MooneySpace social gathering scheduled to happen in Oshkosh on Monday July 24th, 18:30 at the Mooney Caravan tent. Here are sone details about this business:

Van Allen Airmotive is located in Allentown PA at Queen City Airport KXLL. We provide major airframe and engine services to GA singles and twins with light airframe and power plant to turboprops. As a Mooney owner, Dave Van Allen has a passion for the brand and offers special rates to Mooneyspace members on annuals and fuel tank reseals. Dave will be in Oshkosh for the entire show and looks forward to meeting forum members. 

Yves

• Like 10

Landed at Allentown a few years back.  Never saw a more friendly bunch of people.  Offered us up food and even gave me a beer.  Again, sorry I have to miss, I do like meeting my Mooneyspace palz.  If anyone wants a meet up later in the week I am ammenable.

15 minutes ago, cliffy said:

EDIT NEEDED!   The Van Allen annoucemant says Monday the 27th

It should read Monday the 24th  If I read my calendar correctly :-)

Planning on it for 2

Thanks cliffy, error corrected.

Yves

I WILL be at Oshkosh for the first time since 2009 and the first time with my Mooney Missile.  I will arrive Wednesday morning early, and depart Friday at dawn.

I will make sure to stop by the Caravan tent.  I'll be camping in the north 40 with a group from KGAI but will park elsewhere on the field.

-Seth

• Like 1

Current list:

• yvesg + 1
  • Ned Gravel + 1
  • Bob_Belville + 1
  • DVA
  • Amillet
  • KSMooniac + 1
  • kpaul + 1
  • JohnB + 1
  • BDPetersen
  • SabreMech
  • Marcopolo + 1
  • MooneyMitch
  • Oscar Avalle
  • DanM20C
  • StinkBug + 1
  • orionflt + 1
  • Wildhorsesracing + 1
  • Hector + 1
  • Yooper Rocketman
  • Marcopolo + 1
  • exM20K
  • supercop0184 + 1
  • cliffy + 1

Headcount: 37

2 hours ago, StinkBug said:

Why not park and camp in the same place?

The group I'm camping with cannot guarantee I can get there and if the field is closed to camping Wednesday morning it's a moot point.

Next year (or next time) I'll try to arrive earlier in the week to park with the group. Odd Oshkosh rules.

-Seth

Add a plus one (another Mooney Owner) to my attendance.  My hangar partner, the one with the E model in the back of my recent hangar photos (that's getting a new MT prop and his Garmin 430 updated to WAAS) will be coming with me.  

Tom

Seth, you mind elaborating on this a bit?  I was hoping to fly in Wednesday.

I think Seth is telling you that arriving Wednesday there is a good chance that the field will have reached max capacity and there will be no more room to park. That was the case last year. I think it reached max capacity by Tuesday and they were turning people away. I do think, however, that by Wednesday some folks start leaving so they will open the field again as folks leave. Regardless, you need to be prepared for the possibility that you may not be able to get in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Last year, arrivals were closed on the Sunday. (Except to vintage pre 1971 and warbirds) we snuck in but they asked our type and year before they issued arrival clearance. They had more aircraft than ever before.

Spots come and go all week. The ground crews do a good job of finding spots for everyone and letting the arrival controllers know. Have plenty of gas. 2hr reserve would be good. 

-Matt

• Like 1

Sorry folks I was busy taking care of my IFR renewal... this is done now. I will publish later today an updated list of MS folks planning to show up.

In order to ensure I can produce the name tags, I have to set a deadline for this to be Monday July 17th. People can still ask after but will only get a hand written name tag. And keep in mind that they are cheap (throw away) ones! 

Yves