Ibiz Wash and Wax

jasona900

I bought that previously, about 3 years ago,  but have never used on a plane, only cars. The stuff works very well. Cant remember how much it was but I don't recall it being outrageous. What is the price now?

1 hour ago, Bravoman said:

I bought that previously, about 3 years ago,  but have never used on a plane, only cars. The stuff works very well. Cant remember how much it was but I don't recall it being outrageous. What is the price now?

I paid $59 at Costco which included the wash, wax, interior cleaner, and metal polish.

I spent 3hrs cleaning the Mooney today.  Started with a water rinse to wash any dust away.  Then hit the with the areas around the cowl flaps, gear, and belly using Plane Perfect which works wonders on those "stubborn" areas.  

After the plane was dry, I used the Ibiz Everything Waterless Wash & Wax.  Pretty easy to use.  Spray on, wipe down, and then wipe again with a clean microfiber cloth.  This gave the plane a nice shine, and it was very obvious the wash did its job.  I then applied a coat of Everything Wax... wipe on, wipe off.  No need to buff.  It's a very simple process and overall, I'm very pleased with the results.  I took a "before" picture with the plane outside of the hangar.. but with the bright sun, it already looked clean without me dong anything, so not the greatest data point.  Here are some before and after pics.  I could not see the reflection on the N number in the wing prior to cleaning..

IMG_3617.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

• Like 1

I think the Plane Perfect spray would take care of the exhaust soot you speak of on the belly. Mine wasn't too bad, but there was some grime under there which it removed with no problem.  A lot of people also swear by Lemon Pledge to remove the bugs off the wings.  I tried some on my motorcycle, and it worked wonders.  I then tried it on the wings of the Mooney after a fight this weekend, and now I'm a believer!   Some use Pledge on their windscreens too.  For now I'm sticking with my over-expensive can of Plexus, but I may transition soon.

• Like 1

I use Aerocosmetic Wash n Wax, the red Degreaser for the belly and blue Regular for the rest of the plane except windows. Cleaning the one piece belly when it's off during annual is literally a 3 minute job--spray one side, wipe clean, buff dry; spray the other side, wipe clean, buff dry.

I did the top of both wings in less than 20 minutes last week. Works great, doesn't cost too much, can do it all inside the hangar, no water, hose, brush, etc., required (only several terrycloth towels). Leaves a nice, slick film behind, makes bug removal simple. For stubborn bug remains, spray on a little more, wipe and buff.

• Like 2

Has anyone used windex on the underside of their plane? A friend that does body work told me it will remove grease and oil no problem but wasn't sure if it was safe on the plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Has anyone used windex on the underside of their plane? A friend that does body work told me it will remove grease and oil no problem but wasn't sure if it was safe on the plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windex has ammonia..... Not good for paint, plastics or aluminum. 

• Like 1

Plane Perfect has a product called Budda Belley that works as well as anything I've seen to get crap off the bottom.  I've been really pleased using it.  The wing wipe they sell does a number on the bugs. Of course, its more than Lemon pledge, but it doesn't eat through your wax job either...

Edited by steingar

16 hours ago, jasona900 said:

Some use Pledge on their windscreens too.  For now I'm sticking with my over-expensive can of Plexus, but I may transition soon.

I have been using Plexus for about 2 years, and last annual my mechanic asked if I had new windows put in. Sometimes it is a pain to do the inside and outside like I want them done, but the results make it worth it for me.

18 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I have been using Plexus for about 2 years, and last annual my mechanic asked if I had new windows put in. Sometimes it is a pain to do the inside and outside like I want them done, but the results make it worth it for me.

I use to sell and use a lot of Plexus when I had my motorcycle shop, I used it for everything, works really good. I had ordered 2 cases each of the small & large aerosol cans for stock, should have been $200.00 (give or take), liked to of had a bowl movement when the invoice came in at just south of $600.00, I had just ordered the same 3 days earlier. I still use it it on the plexi windows, it's just isn't my "Go To" can for cleaning anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I have gone through two cases of Plexus in the past 11 years with my Mooney.  I love the stuff but my supply just ran out a few weeks ago and I have recently been trying Lemon Pledge as an alternative.  So far I really can't tell much of a difference.  Unless something changes it'll be hard to justify the price delta moving forward.  

Jim    

Pledge use to make a product called "clean & shine" (if memory serves), used it back in the early 90's, stuff worked well and didn't blister the Plexi, haven't looked for it in years but might have to when my stash of Plexus is depleted 

30 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I have gone through two cases of Plexus in the past 11 years with my Mooney.  I love the stuff but my supply just ran out a few weeks ago and I have recently been trying Lemon Pledge as an alternative.  So far I really can't tell much of a difference.  Unless something changes it'll be hard to justify the price delta moving forward.  

Jim    

I've noticed the same.  Unless there is a screaming deal at Oshkosh, I'll likely make the permanent switch from Plexus to Pledge.

It's amazing how clean a plane can stay if kept in a hangar.   For me, it's a challenge being in a shade hangar at a Charlie airport with lots of commercial jet soot floating around.  Ironically, planes that sit on the tie down are cleaner usually from rain. 

On 7/4/2017 at 6:56 PM, Hank said:

I use Aerocosmetic Wash n Wax, the red Degreaser for the belly and blue Regular for the rest of the plane except windows. Cleaning the one piece belly when it's off during annual is literally a 3 minute job--spray one side, wipe clean, buff dry; spray the other side, wipe clean, buff dry.

I did the top of both wings in less than 20 minutes last week. Works great, doesn't cost too much, can do it all inside the hangar, no water, hose, brush, etc., required (only several terrycloth towels). Leaves a nice, slick film behind, makes bug removal simple. For stubborn bug remains, spray on a little more, wipe and buff.

+1 for Wash/Wax. And the Red stuff cleans the oil/grease off better than anything I've found. I buy it from Amazon by the gallon. They also sell a scrubber that is good for those stubborn bugs that the speed of my 252 just embeds in the leading edge of my wing ;)