M20C Mark 21 For Sale

Thearnen

1966 MOONEY M20C MARK 21 • $63,000 • OFFERED FOR SALE OR TRADE  1966 Mooney M20C 3,592 TTAF 1,584.3 SMOH 201.5 STOH Prop 0 SMOH with Overhauled prop and no-AD hub($8,300) Best Equipped M20C on the market! 2/17 Annual 6/16 IFR done, LASAR Cowl closure...$1900 (gave it 7 more knots, now 150KTAS) Garmin 400WAAS ($15,000) ADSB In/Out GTX345 2020 Compliance Done(6,500)! HSI, Garmin GTR225($3,500, picture shows Ky197 which has been replaced), KX155 Nav/Com, Fresh out of paint (January 2017 $12,000), Nice Interior (8), Brand NEW 1/4 inch glass, Fast and economical (150 Knots) 52 Gallons Fuel New tires New Carpet Garmin 347 audio panel w/playback, 4 place intercom. Would consider trade up to an M20J/201 or M20K currently flying times will change

watermarked_0d76cc698d95f1060644a323cad1e545.jpg

watermarked_3a13de8896cf83b900bcd73f65ea9b96.jpg

watermarked_3de7da0f1a862e2763384abeb5a25e49.jpg

watermarked_8e38aaf788a608b6dc0fd281f9efb93a.jpg

watermarked_9af76ed58693fb9d95d5eec051a35822.jpg

Edited by Thearnen
Typo

One of the really big problems with airplanes is we really can spend on them far more than they're actually worth.  With apologies to the seller, the advertised Mooney is a bit spendy for what it is.  Then again, a freshly painted M20c with a nice IFR GPS certainly carries a premium.

I certainly don't want to malign the OP's aircraft, it looks really beautiful.  The buyer will no doubt get a nicely appointed aircraft.  Good luck with the sale.

Edited by steingar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Agreed. The public ridicule is unnecessary. I own two Mooneys and will eventually sell one of them. Like @Bob_Belville it is unlikely I will list it for sale here on MooneySpace when the time comes in spite of the fact that I have been a member here since the beginning. 

Jim

I will repeat, I first saw my aircraft on this site and was convinced to buy it by a post on this site.  Yeah, your feelings might get hurt, but if someone is thinking about buying a Mooney this is one of the first places they look.

Just now, bluehighwayflyer said:

Fair enough. Do as you wish and I very well might do the same when the time comes. I disagree with you on your point above, though. Unfortunately I just don't think that "our" site here is as influential in the greater Mooney market as you seem to think that it is.  There are a lot of other fish in this sea.

Jim

Jim, I don't disagree in the slightest.  But when you're selling an aircraft the market is vanishingly small.  And the influence of someone, even a total stranger, saying "I saw this airplane and I think its awesome".  Can be incalculable.  For example, when I was buying mine a former owner posted that it had been his and was a very nice airplane.  Someone standing up for something they sold speaks volumes to me, especially because it as someone with lots and lots of posts on this site, and not some shill.

Selling something expensive in a small market means you need every advantage you can get.  Posting your airplane in this site is free.  If you're serious about selling you take all the free advertisement you can get and grow a thick skin.  If you're serious.

If there is one thing that I have learned working in sales, you MUST start out asking for all the money. Profit isn't a bad word and I would hate to miss someones business because I didn't ask for it. The seller is justified asking whatever he feels and I hope he gets all the money that his bottom line requires. I think ultimately someone will end up with a nice plane and feel they got a good deal.

That being said, I made a promise to my better half to not buy a plane until she was done with school. I guess you can say I am in a delayed market. I joined MS to get a better understanding of Mooneys and what it takes to own one. I am on here everyday and it would be more likely that I buy an airplane from this site because I feel there is a higher chance that someone took great care of their bird. The well being of my family and I depends on that. Posting your plane here may face more scrutiny but I also feel it will bring more money. Quid pro quo.