Hey Mooney driver It's Valentine's Day!!!

Nice ideas and need the tail wind wishes!  I spent yesterday providing the return ride for a KDLZ fellow pilot from the paint shop in Smoketown, PA (Lancaster Aero Refinishers) who painted my Mooney so that he could drop off his Cardinal for paint.  I had 45 kt tail winds on the way there and 54 knot head winds on the way home.  I was getting 205 kt ground speeds on the way there, but was punished for it on the way home and altitude from 3,000-9,000 provided no benefit (consistent all the way up and worse if you went higher).  It took 1:45 to get there and 3:10 to get home for a really gusty landing.  Oh well...I guess it's good practice.     

OK Guys, beat this:

Ute and I would have made a date to go to the local mall on Sunday to go look at cards and see who could outdo the other on pulling heart strings, but she had already got me a card.  Shucks........ And after she spent all day Saturday with me in the hanger polishing C-FSWR while I fought with wiring under the dash.

So, I decided to get her back.  I would go and get her a card, but I would break the "no present on Valentine's Day" rule and get her something.  That would teach her, eh?

While getting the card, I spotted a Swarovski store next door.  That's the ticket!  I'll get her a little something shiny!  See the picture below.  Shiny but not too expensive.  Looks like her birthstone too.  All good, right?

Wait.....  It gets better....

She called at work before lunch today and said:  "Google – Titanic heart of the Ocean Necklace."

So I did, and that allowed me to walk around the office all afternoon like the cat that ate the canary.  Best Valentine's day present I have ever received.

Did I mention she cleans and waxes Mooney's?

post-356-13468139319372_thumb.jpg

post-356-13468139319674_thumb.jpg

Ouch Jim!  At least one way was SWEET like Valentine's candy!  I flew yesterday too and experienced almost the same landing conditions.  Tower said "Caution Wind Shear"...Gulp, after not flying for over a month.  Landing was uneventful.  Good to get back in the air.  40's again today in Iowa.  Good day for a walk with my sweetie.

Amen Scott!  It was the first time I flew with this really nice guy (an Air Force band retiree) and I hate when I see ham fisted pilots jerking the yoke around; makes me nervous.  But, I did my fair share of yanking the yoke in that landing and apologized for the same.  My instructor always said the yoke likes to be handled like a lady and yesterday I think I handled it more like fighting a lion, but we landed safely and he said he was impressed; I was embarassed by it.   Happy Valentine's day everyone!  Cleaned the kitchen when I got home so that my honey didn't have to and off to give her a little of the time she very well deserves for all that she puts up with from me!  :)