Any Mooney's out of SAV/LHW want to take me up over the weekend?

J0nathan225

As the title says, I'm newish to the forum mostly been reading and learning as much as I can. Looking to purchase a C-F/J(I wish), in the next 2-3 years. Already looking and wishing, though currently without capital. I'd like to sit in/possibly go up in a short and/or mid-body Mooney to reassure myself that this is the aircraft I want to be saving for. 

Thanks in advanced!

-Jon. Davis

7 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

As the title says, I'm newish to the forum mostly been reading and learning as much as I can. Looking to purchase a C-F/J(I wish), in the next 2-3 years. Already looking and wishing, though currently without capital. I'd like to sit in/possibly go up in a short and/or mid-body Mooney to reassure myself that this is the aircraft I want to be saving for. 

Thanks in advanced!

-Jon. Davis

While it will not be this weekend as I am out of the country, my son is stationed at Ft. Stewart, so I will have my 75 M20F up there from time to time and would be happy to let you get a feel for the plane.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:27 AM, kpaul said:

While it will not be this weekend as I am out of the country, my son is stationed at Ft. Stewart, so I will have my 75 M20F up there from time to time and would be happy to let you get a feel for the plane.

I've flown into ft Stewart to visit a buddy in the Army. It's really convenient that it has a civilian airport. 

4 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Is LHW the joint military base? If so, I'm not far away. Once I get my exhaust back on I can be there in under 45 mins

Correct, it's located "on Fort Stewart" I'm about a 35 min drive from the airport. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I am waiting on my mechanic to get me back up this week. I am planning on flying up to SC00 (Triple Tree) on the 20-22 and would be flying right past LHW. Are you in the area?

I'll have work during the week, but with a heads up I should be able to work something out. 

1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

You live in SAV but work at LHW? I could make a run out to SAV as well. I'll message you as soon as the maintenance flight is done.

I live in Savannah and work at SVN, Hunter Army AF. I would say if I'm at work SAV is quicker to get to, but from my house LHW/SAV are roughly same distance. Just submit to land at the Hunter Army Airfield and pick me up haha. I did see a yellow mooney land there a week ago when I was taking off in a hawk. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...