WTB/Trade for KY 197

594b105ea8649_ScreenShot2017-06-21at7_28_36PM.png.56e9ac74959ebbcae66f8100aa006cdc.png

Hi fellow MS'ers. My KY 197 is kaput. The display is wonky with digit segments dropping or persisting so it is difficult/impossible to validate that the correct channel is selected. The swap button  only works after a few tries and then much of the time it won't bring in a channel. ..basically it is toast. I have called and can have it overhauled for around .5AMU but wanted to see if anyone had one sitting around a shelf ornament that works that would like to git rid of it cheaply so I can just plug in a replacement. Basically the goal is to get a working com to provide a working COM2 to my current COM1 (530W). PM me if you have something that might fit the bill.

Thanks,

Stephen

1 hour ago, N601RX said:

The display just plugs into a socket. Often reseating it will fix the missing segments. Just remove the front to access it. 

Yeah, I've done that with my KX155 but that won't help the swap issue.

I sold a 197 out of my old panel 5 years ago on EBAY for $625. Bennett Avionics bought it!

3 hours ago, N601RX said:

The display just plugs into a socket. Often reseating it will fix the missing segments. Just remove the front to access it. 

I'll give that a try; maybe it will at least help the display portion.