eBay avionics purchase

On 6/21/2017 at 3:05 PM, N9495V said:

Has plastic protector on face, totally free of scratches. This item is brand new, has not been powered on, has no warranty because over the warranty period. This is the unit only with the following description below. we offering a 14 day money back guarantee for this unit.  

I don't see the plastic protector in the pictures; details like this a good indicator that the pictures and description are copied from another add. I would be very very careful.

I was on the hunt for this magical deal for a GNS430W for a long time and ended up buying one from a guy who's Yelp reviews on Mooneyspace stated "He's very inflexible on pricing and insists on getting how much he asks for"  Everything worked out as promised and I was happy with the purchase. Was it the cheapest - NO -, but when I spend this kind of money I want to know who I am dealing with.   

The screen protector is not obvious and won't show up on a photo..they were available after market