M20F Before/After

I will be flying it for the first time (since its face lift) in a couple days. Waiting on the IFR check to be completed...... Quite excited about it too! :-)

It's basically a new airplane firewall forward...

Edited by Mooney_Mike
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steingar said:

Heck, I'd be happy if my doghouse looked as good as yours.  Very spanky.  Hope it got good and fast, too.

@Sabremech's new intake gets rid of the doghouse. That's just good looking baffling! Plus, your plane and mine will lose the carburetor chin bump, too.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

That's just good looking baffling!

They are airforms 201 baffles with powder coating. The old M20F baffles would not work with the new cowling.

If you need baffles I would recommend giving them a look. airforms.biz

Keep an eye on where the arrow is pointing. I didn't catch it on mine until it was too late. Also note the screws and nuts on the ram air box. I suspect that one of those worked its way into my intake and caused my engine failure on takeoff. 

IMG_1493.png

Edited by Antares