Glareshield

3 hours ago, markejackson02 said:

How difficult is it to remove the glareshield?  I see four-five screws on the top.  I assume a knife connector for the lights.  Is there anything else involved in removing it?

It is quite simple. You will need a very short screwdriver or use a screwdriver tip on a wrench. Pulling the glareshield requires some jiggling to allow the edges and center cut out to come off. On the right side there is a round black connector (lights) dangling on wires that needs to be disconnected before removing the glareshield.

A lot of the cockpit noise comes from the glareshield vibration. You can attenuate this by adding soft Velcro strips at edge surface. This keeps the plastic from making contact with the frame metal.

José

After removing mine once I'm thinking of making the center cut larger and then overlapping a piece of Kydex or ABS over the resulting hole secured with velcro as trying to flex it enough to get it off was disconcerting and there's already a crack forming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve W said:

After removing mine once I'm thinking of making the center cut larger and then overlapping a piece of Kydex or ABS over the resulting hole secured with velcro as trying to flex it enough to get it off was disconcerting and there's already a crack forming.

That's exactly what I did 

• Like 1