ARC for a F-reg M20E

Hello,

My M20E under F-reg is based in EDMA (Southern Germany) and I do owner management, since it's an ELA1 aircraft. Locally I do have a (German) mechanic, who performed a 50h inspection and a EDM installation lately. However, I have a hard time finding a CAMO to do the ARC. Some local CAMOs we (my mechanic and I) talked to, refuse to do F-regs, since they are not into French national law.

Preferably, my mechanic and I would do the annual and all associated work and the CAMO would only do the ARC. Do you guys have any recommendations for CAMOs in Southern Germany or experiences with similar cases?

Option 2 would be to fly the aircraft to France, somewhere close to the border (Strasbourg and Colmar area) and do it there. Does anyone have a recommendation for a CAMO in this area?

Thanks!

Marco

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 2:38 PM, Guillaume said:

For your option 2 I would try to contact this company : http://sega-aero.fr/

I have no personal experience with them but they have the proper approval and are located in the east part ou France.

Thanks for the Link.

In the meantime we were in contact with "Pilotenservice Rieger" at Straubing. They are doing the ARC for another F-reg and are willing to work with us. So, problem solved for now.

• 4 months later...

Quick Update:

"Pilotenservice Rieger" have let us down. After we completed the annual and about one week before the ARC expired, they suddenly were not willing to cooperate in doing the airworthiness review without even seeing the aircraft or any documentation. Very unprofessional behavior from the secretary to the certifying staff to the owner.

Anyway. We cooperated with ARDEX Aviation Maintenance GmbH in Kyritz (EDKB) and they were a great partner to work with. A relatively young and professional team. So, in case anyone is looking to do their ARC for a foreign (in my case "F") reg., I highly recommend them.

• Like 1