New panel in my 231

First flight after completion went well. Everything worked as expected except the autopilot. We need to do some tweaking there.

I came out of a 2005 Cirrus into this Mooney so it didn't take long for me to get used to the glass displays and how all the information is laid out.

I'm going to be flying from Oklahoma to Maine on Thursday and taking it on it's first loooong x country flight. IMG_2774.thumb.JPG.1718baf589a3311a6a7fe7477e33f926.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ziggysanchez said:

First flight after completion went well. Everything worked as expected except the autopilot. We need to do some tweaking there.

I came out of a 2005 Cirrus into this Mooney so it didn't take long for me to get used to the glass displays and how all the information is laid out.

I'm going to be flying from Oklahoma to Maine on Thursday and taking it on it's first loooong x country flight. IMG_2774.thumb.JPG.1718baf589a3311a6a7fe7477e33f926.JPG

Please re-paint the black button on your throttle or cover it with leather or something - it's completely distracting me from your beautiful panel . . lol

• Like 4

Interesting... I just redid the panel in my 252 in a very similar fashion. And the first thing we did was get in and fly it to Maine. We just got back to Texas. But should have stayed there. It's still too hot.

Oh well, off to California on Friday. Enjoy the new panel.

• Like 1

So when do you guys deliver my dream panel...  I keep going thru the pictures drooling and wishing,   Then  I go to the hanger and no elves are working????  I think you guys forgot to finish mine.  Just sayin.:P   Those panels look awesome 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 11:36 AM, carusoam said:

Ziggy are you in Maine yet?

How did the panel work?

Old push pull control knobs aren't worth the hassle.... consider an update.

https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/products/category/controls-push-pull/

Best regards,

-a-

Yes. I made it into Brunswick last night. The avionics worked flawlessly. The new ADSB weather helped us around a band of heavy storms that were along our route. It was a great flight.

• Like 1