G1000 ADS-B 345R upgrade

I am shopping around for the ADS-B in/out modification for my WAAS equipped G1000 Ovation.  Was wondering who else has had the upgrade, any issues, how long it took, who they would recommend and a rough number for what they paid. Thanks!

I had my Adsb g1000 installed about a Year ago, the shop that did the install was clueless regarding setting up software, it was done by Mr Mooneys avionics shop while in Longview Tx for annual, big mistake. After I got home to Delaware 1000miles away, I had a competent Garmin installer fix the many mistakes, it now works great. Since you have waas you don't have to worry about the antenna etc. I would expect 8-10 hours for the install. Not knowing where your based no recommendations. Expect $7-8000 for the 345r installed. It is a very nice unit paired to the 1000 

5 hours ago, ERFlyer said:

I am shopping around for the ADS-B in/out modification for my WAAS equipped G1000 Ovation.  Was wondering who else has had the upgrade, any issues, how long it took, who they would recommend and a rough number for what they paid. Thanks!

If you are near PA, we can do it for you.  If you are not near us, it's good to find a shop that's done them.  Just because you have a WAAS equipped G1000 doesn't necessarily mean you can get the GTX 345R that doesn't have the GPS.  Non GPS GTX 345 install is above 6 AMUs, GPS version over 7. 

The GTX 3X5R with internal GPS is required if your G1000 with software version is below GIA 63W version 7.00 and GDU 1XXX v13.00.  So you want to check that.

Also, to show traffic on the G1000 you need GDU 1XXX software is v7.10 and the minimum GIA 63X software is v5.31.  To show weather you need GDU 1XXX software is v12.00 and the minimum GIA 63X software is v6.20.

• Like 1