N1163Z has a new home

So I finally did it!  I am now the proud owner of a 1982 Mooney 201.   After renting and club memberships for almost 30 years I finally own my own plane.  Now I only have to share with my kids.  I haven't flown a Mooney in over 10 years, but it was just like riding a bike.  I had a local CFI go up with me for the first couple landings to make sure I didn't do something stupid, but instead I had some of the nicest landing ever.  Who say's Mooneys are hard to land.  

Here's to a long and happy future together.

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

Edited by lotsofgadgets
forgot a word
  • Like 18

I am finishing up my commercial and plan to do some traveling.  I plan to make a few trips to Florida and maybe the Bahamas to do some Scuba diving.   My son is about to start college and will be pursuing a professional aviation degree so he plans to gain some experience in a complex aircraft before he has to jump from a Warrior to a Seminole.  This plane is a perfect fit for these missions.

5 minutes ago, lotsofgadgets said:

24-1285

We will have to get together.  I plan to fly into Pompano to go scuba diving

I guess the factory didn't assign them sequentially, mine is 24-1356. There are two members here who have serial numbers very close to mine, Seth Meyers (24-1350, N1165N) and Bennett  Bibel (24-1367).

Let me know when you're down here, would love to get together.