My mother's flight adventure

So, my mom has a great-granddaughter outside of Vancouver she went to see. I always joke with her about taking her in the Mooney, although it might take a bit longer than a commercial flight since I would go from Alabama to Texas and then to Kelowna. Based on the email I just got from her, and the Facebook post I saw, she may take me up on it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/senior-calgary-airport-1.4159892

Grandma is a Facebook sensation!

• Like 1

I heard the story this morning on CBC radio, another fine job by our friends at United Airlines, one of the worst customer service companies on the planet, still doing my part to bad mouth them after my two bad experiences with them.

• Like 1

On Monday it was 18 hours travel time for me on United to go from Newark to Ontario CA, via Denver....this was their fault.  supposed to arrive around lunch and arrived at 9pm and to tired to drive to where I had to go so I had to buy a hotel room.  I was a full fare first class passenger and during my long sit in Denver they denied me first class lounge access.  First class passengers are not allowed into the first class lounge.  Must pay 60 dollars or over 500 a year for that privilege.  they did not even say sorry,  They said I was getting to my destination in a reasonable amount of time.  this was a 1000 dollar one way ticket.

United told me to go F myself.  I just got the email from them that wants me to take a survey for their customer service.  Cant wait to start the survey.

I think I could have flown my 53 year old Mooney from NJ to CA in less time and for less $$ in fuel.  I will never take UAL if I have to make a 2 leg trip again.

Edited by Jim Peace
  • Like 1