McCauley Propeller Bulkhead Crack

Davarron

Hello everyone,

At annual found about a 3 inch crack in the aft propeller bulkhead plate. I've searched here and see that they are pretty hard to find. The Mooney part number is 680031-017. Does anyone know if they are repairable or does anyone have one they are getting rid of? It's off a two bladed prop. Thanks

4 hours ago, Davarron said:

Hello everyone,

At annual found about a 3 inch crack in the aft propeller bulkhead plate. I've searched here and see that they are pretty hard to find. The Mooney part number is 680031-017. Does anyone know if they are repairable or does anyone have one they are getting rid of? It's off a two bladed prop. Thanks

Did it just go in for annual?  I thought I saw you taxi in on Wed or Thur last week. 

5 hours ago, Davarron said:

Hello everyone,

Depending on your serial number this may apply.

http://www.mooney.com/en/sb/M20-219.pdf

Clarence

9 hours ago, Davarron said:

Yup that was me on Wednesday. Just started the annual today. I must not have seen ya!

Sorry I missed you. I was already in my car headed out the gate when I saw you taxi by. 

Can I ask where you are doing your annual?  Are you using the new shop on the field?

1 hour ago, mooniac15u said:

Sorry I missed you. I was already in my car headed out the gate when I saw you taxi by. 

Can I ask where you are doing your annual?  Are you using the new shop on the field?

I've known this mechanic in Michigan for a long time, we're good friends so I usually take it to him. Have you used the new shop? How are they? Same people?

those two bulkheads are not for4 a 201.  It is a deeper dish. Georgia just quoted me 850 to weld a very small crack on a cardinal spinner.  Wentworth was 450 for a used one.  The 201 is kinda scarce but I have a few.  The man who wanted a scrap one please email me and I will send a real jewel for free.  acpartswhse@aol.com

12 minutes ago, acpartswhse said:

those two bulkheads are not for4 a 201.  It is a deeper dish. Georgia just quoted me 850 to weld a very small crack on a cardinal spinner.  Wentworth was 450 for a used one.  The 201 is kinda scarce but I have a few.  The man who wanted a scrap one please email me and I will send a real jewel for free.  acpartswhse@aol.com

Just emailed you. Thanks

1 hour ago, Davarron said:

I've known this mechanic in Michigan for a long time, we're good friends so I usually take it to him. Have you used the new shop? How are they? Same people?

I haven't tried the new shop yet. I was hoping you might be able to give a pirep. :)