Air Rage and the worst stereotype of the Van's Airforce

On 6/12/2017 at 10:50 PM, kpaul said:

I do this with my young co-pilots quite often in the PC-12, however I am always on the radios and I don't do it if there are other planes in or entering the pattern.

On 6/13/2017 at 4:44 AM, Shadrach said:

Indeed, time and place is key. I'm based at a class D airport and the tower never has a problem with it if there are no other planes present.

We did this in my PPL training at Chino (Class D) and Ontario (Class C) but it was always with prior approval from the tower. I don't see a problem when there is communication on the radios, but to be radio silent and pull something unexpected is just asking for problems. My goal is to always try to make sure anyone around me knows what I am doing and not surprise anyone, better chance of finishing the flight in one piece that way.

By the way, the guys in the tower at Ontario are awesome. Always accommodating to the little guys and let us practice all kinds of things in their pattern.

Flight Training fun at Ontario

8 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

I just thought that by 70+ one would have enough wisdom to at least clear the airport before blatantly violating the regs.

Depends. My wife says I behave like a 12 year old, and she's a Middle School teacher.

Wisdom...so overrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonal said:

WISDOM, MATURITY are you nuts we own and operate airplanes cant think of anything less mature or more stupid...

I dunno . . . . Maybe building an airplane? Or flying one that I built!  :lol:

• Like 1