Rexburg, ID KRXE Pancake Breakfast Fly-in 6/17

The Legacy Flight Museum is hosting a free pancake breakfast on Saturday the 17th. I will be up there visiting the newest granddaughter. @astraviersois planning on flying in too. I would love to meet anyone else that wants to fly in, have some pancakes, and load up the ramp with some Mooneys. 

Legacy Flight Museum

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was a fun time and there were three Mooneyspacers there! The museum is amazing. The collection of aircraft is nice, but the collection of uniforms, weapons, and other memorabilia is amazing!

I flew in late Friday after sundown. It was an adventure that I will try to get written up in the next few days. @astravierso flew in Saturday morning and it was fun to meet Alan and see his Mooney. I walked over as he was pulling into a parking spot on the ramp and another guy came walking over as well to see his Mooney. The three of us walked over to my plane and the "other guy" saw the Sensorcon on my panel and asked if we were on MooneySpace. Introductions were made all around. It turns out that John @1964-M20E (home base in New Orleans) was on his way from Idaho Falls to Yellowstone and saw the sign for the Legacy Flight Museum and Pancake Breakfast and decided to stop and see what it was all about. Completely unplanned he ran into Alan and I and the three of us enjoyed visiting about flying, Mooneys, and walking through the museum.

Who would have guessed that in a little town in Idaho we would have members from Utah, California, and Louisiana get together! It was great to meet you guys. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the members here.

Yes truly amazing this was not the first time I happened upon a fellow MS member while out and about.  When you see that correctly shaped tail and the retractable gear (well most Mooney) you are just attracted to the plane and have to go tale with them.

Great talking with other MS pilots.:)

• Like 1

It certainly was a great day to fly to one of the hidden gems of the area and meet up with some pretty interesting people (but aren't all Mooney Pilots).  All the while being surrounded by classic planes (nothing like two Texans in formation a few feet off the deck coming down the runway or the sound of a P-51, probably one of the few planes sexier than a Mooney), weapons, military artifacts and other classic vehicles. Not to mention the welcoming folks at who put it all on.

I am looking forward to the next opportunity to meet up with fellow MS'ers. Until then.

Cheers,