Looking for an airbox assembly. Any ideas.

1 hour ago, Mooneymite said:

Hank had his rebuilt and was pleased....maybe he'll tell us who/what/where?

Mine was redone during annual because the joint eroded off on one side of the flapper, and it defaulted to wide open. It was done in Columbus, GA KCSG. I forget the name of the shop, he had bought it not long proir; his name is Richard Boehlien (but I won't swear to the spelling after the "h"). Surprisingly enkugh, I worked in the same small company in Auburn, AL as his wife.

Workday well now. That, a new muffler and new carb heat cable, and voila! I picked up 10-12 mph in cruise.

I think the design changed in '68 (my year)  - they removed the carb heat bypass valve from the box itself.  Maybe try Don Maxwell? There's an old article he published on this system that is really nice.

I think the design changed in '68 (my year)  - they removed the carb heat bypass valve from the box itself.  Maybe try Don Maxwell? There's an old article he published on this system that is really nice.

Thats what i was worried about. I will call him tomorrow. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, cctsurf said:

If nobody else has purchased it, how much do you want?  Does it have the bypass control or is it more like the one pictured above? 

James

Hi James,

I sold my original one but do have another on a shelf. I can take some photos of it and post them here. 
Thanks,

David

• Like 1