looking into this J

Tmart

I would want to see the 337 for the repairs from the damage in 2002. the airplane really hasn't flown at all since that time so I would be very concerned with this aircraft.

Price does not properly reflect damage history and current equipment, $50k in my opinion making the assumption that everything works and the repairs would meet a DARs approval. the aircraft was listed as demolished in the FAA report substantial in the NTSB report.

Brian 

I'm curious about the same thing @orionflt is, assuming the aircraft you're looking at is N58166.  The accident report is here.  There was a prop OH done in 2003, but no other entries I could find in any of the logs from 2002 until 2008.  I believe there was also wing skin repair in 2001 in the Airframe log.

No idea the if the asking price is reasonable or not.

That airplane has been for sale for at least a year if you are looking at the white '86. The pictures from a while back had it in aluminum and the repairs were more visible. I recall seeing another accident report with pictures where the tail was bent around towards the wing. It may have been Kathryn's report. It didn't look good. The fuselage will need a thorough inspection from behind the windows to the tail.

this plane haw some history also, off airport with substantial damage in 2004, gear up in 2009. somewhere somebody has the airframe time wrong, NTSB says it had 3366TT in 2009 when it geared up. this plane needs to be looked at closely prior to buying.

Brian

43 minutes ago, orionflt said:

this plane haw some history also, off airport with substantial damage in 2004, gear up in 2009. somewhere somebody has the airframe time wrong, NTSB says it had 3366TT in 2009 when it geared up. this plane needs to be looked at closely prior to buying.

Brian

where did you see the damage in '04?  I saw the gear up from 09.  they did an OH, then apparently another OH 100 hours after that.

There's a couple M20s on the market right now that have DH. I agree with@carusoam, knowing the DH and repair info would be helpful.
In my AF career, I flew planes that had some DH. Most notably, one that took a refueling boom, snapped it if the tanker, and when it was released, the boom snapped across the vertical stab. Didn't really notice the impact, except we recognized the unicorn horn was gone.

That plane, and several others with some DH have remained in the fleet and I didn't have a problem flying them.

There was a C-141 that did Dutch rolls constantly that I hated though. That bastard stayed in the fleet to retirement. I hope it gets turned into a beer can.

Eman,

is this the same plane the OP is asking about?

Got some engine droop going...?

They have shims to go with new rubber mounts that can help this sort of situation...

and plenty of fuel staining...?

PP observations related to the photos being shown...

Best regards,

-a-