WTB hoskins strobe light assembly

replaced one of my strobes, went to do the other and found the fixture melted and missing the reflector etc internally, Probably contributing to the melting. Any chance anyone upgraded to LED's and has one floating around? It's not worth the energy to call the wreckers and explain what I need if someone has one floating around.

IMG_20170606_102126.jpg

25 minutes ago, Marcopolo said:

I have one or two, but I won't be back in the hanger til next week.

Ron

I'll be out of town next week but if you think about it take a look and shoot me a p.m. or something thanks. I think they're different right vs left slightly, technically I need a left, maybe they're the same and the part number is printed on both ends and I can't tell because of the paint.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, peevee said:

Still hoping to find one

Morning Peevee,

I arrived at my hanger this morning to get you a pic of what I had.  I say "had" because all there was in the box was a $50 bill and a note from my A&P saying thank you, M20K on the field needed one.

Sorry, hopefully Bryan can come through for you.

Ron

12 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

Morning Peevee,

I arrived at my hanger this morning to get you a pic of what I had.  I say "had" because all there was in the box was a $50 bill and a note from my A&P saying thank you, M20K on the field needed one.

Sorry, hopefully Bryan can come through for you.

Ron

Haha you've been stung by the reverse hangar elf. Hangar krampus?

21 hours ago, Bryan said:

Sorry, just got back from vacation.  I have what you need. I will snap a picture to be sure on Wednesday.  I am ordering the LED replacements tomorrow.

No rush man. Plane is tied up for awhile anyway. Thanks!

I'd do the LEDs too but we have too many other squawks. I saw a nice 231 with LEDs in Oregon. I tried to get my screwdriver out but the line guy was watching :D

IMG_20170620_194202_01.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Are the ballasts for these in the wing or in the fuse?  I have not gotten that far to look yet.

Ours are in the avionics bay by the batteries sort of. Looks like the LEDs are really easy to rewire.

The other side (on mine) has already been replaced with a different unit.  It may take some time to get the news on in and installed but will get you this part when I am done.

• 1 month later...