Camping equipment at KOSH with Caravan arrivals

Just now, 201er said:

Apparently there's an entire industry for these:

https://www.bulbhead.com/portable-hammock.html?gclid=CLS-sb7JpdQCFcpLDQodxKYLTA

We had one similar to that. 50 years ago. Let's find a pic with a 70 year old lady with a 10" scar across her knee climbing in or out.

Just now, kpaul said:

Do tell.

I am planning on bringing along a bottle of Woodford.

Kevin, you will be hearing from a subgroup of the Caravan dedicated to single malt. (There are a lot of folks here who've past the 3 score and ten milestone.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Nancy booked us into the University dorms for 6 nights. Just in case anyone here thought I was in charge... fuhgeddboudit.:unsure:

Just now, peevee said:

Probably for the best

$75 per night double occupancy includes linens. Plus $20 ea for a shuttle bus pass for the week which runs every 30 minutes from 6:30 to 23:30.

I think I'll just let her think she won. And owes me.

6 minutes ago, steingar said:

I'll try and swing by the Mooney Caravan compound with something better.

I don't really drink but I've got a bottle of highland Park 18 around here somewhere. I'll bring it some year when I go.

Just now, 201er said:

@Bob_Belville, all kidding aside though. How does Nancy manage to climb in and out of the right seat!?

Mike, I'll have to pay attention. She has a method that works. I don't think she could step unto the wing without the step which retracts on out old E.

15 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Nancy booked us into the University dorms for 6 nights. Just in case anyone here thought I was in charge... fuhgeddboudit.:unsure:

Well done Bob.

2 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Thanks for your help! There's a long waiting list for the A/C rooms but Nancy is well satisfied with a first floor non-AC room. And if mamma is not happy...

Three replies to that - and it would only come from the long time happily married gang:

1.  Sheepish grin with downturned eyes:  "Someone has to do it..."

2.  Old sage look, completely inscrutable reciting old Chinese proverb:  "Happy wife, Happy life."

3.  Wicked grin:  "Consideration has its own set of rewards...."

And now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about those fearless young men in their flying machines........

• Like 1

Just now, Ned Gravel said:

Three replies to that - and it would only come from the long time happily married gang:

1.  Sheepish grin with downturned eyes:  "Someone has to do it..."

2.  Old sage look, completely inscrutable reciting old Chinese proverb:  "Happy wife, Happy life."

3.  Wicked grin:  "Consideration has its own set of rewards...."

And now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about those fearless young men in their flying machines........

Our 53rd anniversary comes around before KOSH. I'm a slow learner but even a mule catches on after enough "experience".

• Like 1