Houston Mooneys

BigAl

Hello all! I'm obviously the fng. My little family and I live and work in in Conroe. I have recently started flying again and have low time overall.(150hrs) I'm a third gen pilot and have always been in love with aviation and planes. I even worked line service and management at an FBO in KAMA. I now make a decent living in the auto industry and am considering buying a Mooney sometime after my fiancé graduates from Sam next year. I am going to knock out my inst rating toward the end of the year. My only experience with Mooneys comes from fueling, towing and tons of hours surfing specs online. I'm hooked but I don't personally know anyone who owns one here in the Houston area. I'm hoping someone in the area wouldn't mind a tag-a-long sometime on a local flight. It would be greatly appreciated! I don't mind springing for the fuel and time. I ultimately just want to know if a Mooney is right for us. It seems to fit perfectly for a family of three. I've enjoyed reading these experiences and forums and hope to hang around for a long time!

Regards,

Alan

4 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

Welcome to the forum Alan. It just so happens I am in (actually barely west of) Conroe now, but live in Dallas.

Thanks Don! I used to live west of Conroe. On the other side of the lake, in fact. It's getting crowded out there. 

Im in Montgomery, fly out of KCXO in Conroe. I would be happy to take you up. Im in Mexico now but should be back next week. I should warn you, I have a M20K 252. Hard to go to anything else after it. LOL. Just let me know, PM me and I will send my cell once I get back.

• Like 1

Just now, N252WD said:

Im in Montgomery, fly out of KCXO in Conroe. I would be happy to take you up. Im in Mexico now but should be back next week. I should warn you, I have a M20K 252. Hard to go to anything else after it. LOL. Just let me know, PM me and I will send my cell once I get back.

Will do! A 252. That's some serious muscle! Thank you for the great opportunity!

Alan

• Like 1

I hanger over at Hooks and am willing to take you sometime.  Also, my 20C just went on the market as for sale or for partnership.  I currently have a couple that would like to do a partnership and maybe looking at either a 50/50 or 1/3rds.  You can see pictures here or on https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20C&listing_id=2267232&s-type=aircraft

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcb said:

I hanger over at Hooks and am willing to take you sometime.  Also, my 20C just went on the market as for sale or for partnership.  I currently have a couple that would like to do a partnership and maybe looking at either a 50/50 or 1/3rds.  You can see pictures here or on https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=MOONEY&model=M20C&listing_id=2267232&s-type=aircraft

I don't know if you remember but I got a chance to speak with you a couple of weeks ago through text. Thank you for taking the time to do that! It was greatly appreciated! I was the one who said I just completed my BFR at United Flight. I wish I was already in a position to buy into the partnership but I made a promise to keep our expenses down until my fiancé finishes her bachelors degree this next year. Plus, I would like to get my Instrument rating before I make the ownership plunge. I will be out there in a week or two to do a brush up in one of their 172s. I might give you a call to see if your around!