M20F weight and balance

Proud new owner of M20F.  Running weight and balance problems while waiting for post-prebuy annual, can't get my CG to work  Empty CG is shown as 49.94 on most recent (2004) W&B.  Previous W&B (no interim mod) showed 46.17.  No major mods to airplane.  Could 49.94 be right, or should I just have A/C reweighed?

Thanks!

marty

20 minutes ago, Marty71112 said:

Proud new owner of M20F.  Running weight and balance problems while waiting for post-prebuy annual, can't get my CG to work  Empty CG is shown as 49.94 on most recent (2004) W&B.  Previous W&B (no interim mod) showed 46.17.  No major mods to airplane.  Could 49.94 be right, or should I just have A/C reweighed?

Thanks!

marty

When was the previous one done and did you check the math on the one done in 2004?

If you work back through the logs you will likely find one or more errors in W&B in the past 50 years,  Especially from the pre-spreadsheet era.

At this point you could reweigh the plane to establish a new weight and CG.   Many will advise you not to because "you'll lose useful load" if the report comes in heavier.   Me, I'd rather know the real weight and especially the true CG. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marty71112 said:

Anyone know the moment arm of the main gear on f model.  Would like to verify the calculations on aircraft weighing.

Thanks for your help!

marty

Moments and Arms are different, the Type Certificate Data Sheet will have the arms, post a copy of the latest WnB 

Thanks!
marty

Here is mine (75 F):

410228317ea196aa4ae3ac0a8a4bf172.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro